Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:27 am
ajturner offline

(No subject)

gregjsmith wrote:
I've been able to get the automator action working (my first go with automator). Is there a way to force Indigo to refresh the page when the image is replaced?

Either your automator action could tell Safari to refresh - though knowing which page to refresh would be annoying.

Or you could setup a periodic refresh on the entire page, or elements of the page.

Control Indigo from anywhere in the world:
http://highearthorbit.com/software/indigowidget

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:07 pm
fjvillegas offline

web interface with php+indigo 2.0

Hi friends, I have Indigo 2 application, and I wanna design a web interface through PHP + Indigo , but I can see that 2.0 version Is with Phyton Webserver, someone can help me please, how could I do it with PHP and Indigo 2.0?, someone has tried it with PHP+Indigo 2.0 not with Phyton?
thanks a lot for any help, Bye...

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:26 pm
ajturner offline

(No subject)

Hi, I developed the PHP web pages for Indigo 1.8 - IndigoWeb.

However, I'm curious what you want to do with the PHP? The old IndigoWeb used Applescript for the communication with Indigo which has a lot of problems handling international characters, quotes, apostrophes, etc.

Perhaps if you explain some of your ideas, I can help point you to better ways to do it. You can use the existing IndigoWeb as a start point. :)

Posted on
Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:01 pm
Aeolius offline

(No subject)

As far as layouts go, I just discovered that Punch! Software, one of the major home design software players, has finally released a Mac port:

http://www.punchsoftware.com/products/mac.htm#

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:25 pm
ricks offline

(No subject)

Here is my first try for control pages based on a the 800x480 LCD of my Pepper Pad 3. I have different panels accessed from my main page.

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:29 pm
fjvillegas offline

help with Indigo 2.0 + web interfase with php

Hello, I'm actually working on php+xml, for interconection with Indigo, the idea is design an interfase with php that cuold get communication with Indigo software, I can see that Indigo works with an XML database which store information about devices, triggers , actions, but I see some tags that I can't understand them, for example the next tag:

<Device>
<Address>103</Address>
<LastChanged>215023561</LastChanged>
<Type>Appliance Module</Type>
<TypeFlags2>9</TypeFlags2>
<TypeFlagsInsteon>0</TypeFlagsInsteon>
<TypeFlagsX10>0</TypeFlagsX10>
</Device>

And others tags which are a little more understable, for example the tag Address looks in Insteon software like A9, (I can't get it) it doesn't look like Hex to Decimal translation,the lastchanged neither get it and the others tags, could you please help me to interpretate that tags?.....

And the other thing is that I see that Indigo server which is made with Phyton read datas from XML database and from other file, because XML file doesn't refresh in every change from web interfase (status like on, off are not taken from it), where are they taken from?...I really appreciate any help in wich I'm working..

Francisco

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:58 pm
DaveGee offline

(No subject)

Here's something I've been working on.... Not finished but it does load the data from the iTunes Library and the text near the bottom changes as you hover the cursor over different albums.

Right now the html is generated by the indigo web server and works pretty well but on this first go around ALL of the iTunes data is being preloaded into the html. :shock:

I'd really LOVE to find a way (the right way) to re-call into the servers python scripts based on either a mouse down or onhover or click and then have my python code extensions grab just the data for that specific album.

Gotta find a way to grab the cover art and a resonable way to grab the album titles (see last paragraph) and then just add the hooks into controlling iTunes and this would be really cool!

Dave

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:35 pm
morps offline

(No subject)

My turn :) I am done with my Control Pages, I created a bunch of my own icons (lighbulbs, Christmas lights, etc). I also integrated the Slim Devices server script (thanks to everyone who helped me out there). By clicking on the green "Speaker" icon (which is a device status element) you can see what is playing via the Slim Server as well as forward and rewind through the playlist. I used two control pages to create the effect. In total, I have three Control Pages in use for my house. The print screen below is an animated gif which jumps through the three pages.

And as soon as Matt has the EZRain integrated, I'll have my sprinklers tied in too (right now, I just have uneventful blue dots for my controls). ...no pressure Matt :)

Now shifting my time to figuring out Apache (Personal Web Sharing). In addition to my Indigo control, I am also accessing my music server and I think I'll also be doing some video stuff too. As a result, I am loading the Control Pages into <div> tags inside my HTML pages to create the effect of a single home "intranet."

By the way, if anyone knows how to configure Personal Web Sharing to allow for Basic (or preferrably) Digest authentication please ping me off line at mike at morper dot net.

Last edited by morps on Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:32 pm
snowjay offline

(No subject)

Very cool! I like how it has that whole Mac look/feel.

Posted on
Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:32 am
JohnConrader offline

(No subject)

I like the Christmas lights. Hmmm, now I have more work to do.

-john

Posted on
Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:20 pm
pwfletcher offline

More work ...

I built a new home server to run Indigo and just installed it. I bought a used Mac Mini 1.5 GHz Core Solo on eBay, popped the processor out, put in a 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor, upgraded to 2 GB Ram, and got a 500GB miniStack V2 external HD. It runs FAST and runs COOL! It will do full 1080p HDTV without dropping a frame and hardly gets hot at all. Also, I have noticed that Indigo works much better on it than it did on the PowerBook G4 that I was using as a dedicated server before. I also just ripped all of my daughters DVDs in full resolution to the external HD so that she doesn't keep scratching them up and can use Front Row to access them all.

The first pic is of my temporary Home Automation page and the second pic shows my setup ... note that you can also see the IRTrans connected to my receiver.

Can anyone suggest a good How To Program RSS guide so that I can put weather and news feeds on my Home Automation page. I have it set up using frames and intend to use one of the frames for RSS info.

Posted on
Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:00 pm
ajturner offline

(No subject)

Very cool

morps - care to share your stylesheets/images?

pwfletcher - I would recommend Hacking RSS & Atom by Leslie Orchard (http://www.amazon.com/Hacking-RSS-Atom- ... F8&s=books) - the O'Reilly book looks good too - there is also a Short Cut (http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/buildrss2feeds/)

That's really if you want to understand the underlying facets of RSS. You also could just use your own RSS aggregator and have it publish to a front page.

Another one of my projects (of many) is FoFRedux (Feed-On-Feeds Redux):
http://fofredux.sourceforge.net

Then just grab the RSS output of categories, or any and slap a stylesheet on it and you're good to go!

Let me know if you have questions - sounds like a really good idea and maybe something that should be included!

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:33 pm
morps offline

Personal Web Sharing Basic Authentication Tip

This is quasi off topic, but I wanted to share with everyone who is interested in using Personal Web Sharing built in to the Mac OS an easy way to setup Basic Authentication for any directories. Sure, you can go stumble through learning how to code .htaccess files, loading modules in Apache (oh and did I mention you'll need an app like Xupport to see these hidden files) or you can go give this guy $5 for his app that assists you with the configuration.

Called Weblock, this is a great Preference that you can load and use for setting Basic Authentication on any directories you want for files served up by the OS's built-in Apache server.

Why am I posting this here? I now have an "intranet" for my house where I am controlling my house (Indigo), music (SlimDevices) and soon my videos. For Indigo, I am including Control Pages within <div> tags. If you look a couple of posts above this one, you can see how my Indigo Control Pages are loaded into my consolidated website. Seemless user experience even though the floor plan is served up from the Indigo Server.

Just thought I'd try and help folks out if ya needed it.

Cheers everyone...

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:41 pm
morps offline

(No subject)

ajturner wrote:
Very cool
morps - care to share your stylesheets/images?

All of the icons were purchased off iStockPhoto.com ($5 dollar investment). I created the "on/off" states for them in Photoshop. Here are the icons I purchased (I'd rather have everyone pay the person who created them than hand them out for free).

As for the stylesheet, that too was purchased (I ran outta time long ago to code stuff myself. Now I buy what I like :) ). That said, I think I invested about $20.00 between the icons and the template.

I did the house layout in Keynote (exported the slides as images, then imported into Photoshop for png export), tweaks of the icons in Photoshop, then my webpages were created in iWeb. The pages used this template.

Hope this helps.

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:42 pm
dsnider offline

(No subject)

Ok, so I'm extremely dense, or have missed a chapter in the manual that everyone else read. How do you get the custom html into your control page? You created it in iWeb, but then what did you do to get the control page to use it?

Page 7 of 68 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 68