Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:18 pm
marketability offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

Posted on
Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:08 am
raneil offline

lochnesz wrote:
Impressive work, both with the functions/layout and graphic components! Did you design the graphic components yourself?

Peter

Not entirely. The graphic design work is based loosely on the Dark Admin Panel UI Kit, which I purchased for $6.00. I tweaked and added to that. I have updated my original post to included a proper attribution as I should have done initially -- thanks for the reminder!
Last edited by raneil on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:19 am
raneil offline

DaveL17 wrote:
I especially like the dashboard widget.

I took a run at that a while back and remember that it wasn't stable for me (honestly can't remember why.)

I find it invaluable, and may design a larger version that incorporates elements from the other Control Pages. It's nice to have full control of everything just a single mouse-click away any time I'm in front of my computer (which is way too often!)

The only issue I've encountered is that Dashboard will reliably display only one web-clipping from Indigo at a time. If you create more than one, they seem to interfere with one another somehow. More often than not, all but one will display a blank white page. If I dismiss Dashboard and try again, I frequently get different results -- that is, a different page will display properly, and the others will be blank white web-clippings. Odd. I gave up trying to use more than one at a time, but if anyone knows of a solution, I'd love to hear it.

Posted on
Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:31 am
raneil offline

marketability wrote:
New to Indigo and Home Automation but here is where I've got to so far...
thanks to everyone for great ideas, help and plugins!

next steps: blinds, video door bell and locks

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Posted on
Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:23 pm
DaveL17 offline

raneil wrote:
The only issue I've encountered is that Dashboard will reliably display only one web-clipping from Indigo at a time. If you create more than one, they seem to interfere with one another somehow.

That sounds vaguely familiar. That was probably it. At some point I may try to take another run at this--I agree that a four-finger swipe to an Indigo control panel couldn't be much more convenient!

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:14 am
durosity offline

I also find its a bit buggy if you manually refresh the widget, tends to go black next time you use it. Alas I doubt apple will ever fix these issues.. In fact I'm pretty certain dashboard will disappear soon as they've removed the icon for it from keyboards and by default it's off on new macs. :(

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:11 pm
andarv offline

raneil wrote:
Updated my most frequently-used Control Pages to use a common graphical theme. Makes it feel a bit more like a unified system and not such a scattered mess. The only new functionality is one additional Control Page for scheduling when to enable/disable the Vehicle Remote Start Actions. Makes it much easier to accommodate vacations and other temporary deviations from the daily routine.

Fantastic control pages, clean and a coherent theme.
Great... now I really have to start re-modeling our pages...
Just a quick question, how did you build the page for setting the schedules? Can't really figure out how to do it.

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:58 pm
raneil offline

andarv wrote:
raneil wrote:
Updated my most frequently-used Control Pages to use a common graphical theme. Makes it feel a bit more like a unified system and not such a scattered mess. The only new functionality is one additional Control Page for scheduling when to enable/disable the Vehicle Remote Start Actions. Makes it much easier to accommodate vacations and other temporary deviations from the daily routine.

Fantastic control pages, clean and a coherent theme.
Great... now I really have to start re-modeling our pages...
Just a quick question, how did you build the page for setting the schedules? Can't really figure out how to do it.

The Control Page is basically just the UI for an attached AppleScript that does the real work. There are pre-defined Indigo Schedules that are modified/enabled/disabled by the script, based upon variables that are set/updated by each button press on the Control Page. All Schedule edits are stored in variables until the "Submit" button is pressed, then the script goes to work applying the changes to the pre-defined Indigo Schedules.

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:13 am
RAID5 offline

Do you mind sharing some of that script, looks a lot what I'm looking for to pre heat my car

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:20 am
raneil offline

RAID5 wrote:
Do you mind sharing some of that script, looks a lot what I'm looking for to pre heat my car

Not at all (download link), but it's very specific to my Indigo installation and needs. It would surely require significant modification to be of any use elsewhere. All the usual caveats apply.

Edited to correct the link.

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:38 pm
RAID5 offline

Thanks, it was a lot of code, I am a beginner at Apple Script, but I will find parts of it to use, copy and paste is allot easier for beginners. :-)

Posted on
Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:03 am
RAID5 offline

Hi there guys!

I'm trying to build control pags that is as easy as possible to understand.
My goal is to mainly use pictures and maby one describing word for the icon.
I ran in to trouble with the Scenes icon.
If you go back in time to before you know what home automation was, the name Scenes would not say mutch to you.
Next problem is the language barier. My wife is pretty comfortable with enlish so that's not the biggest problem.
The problem is she has not a clue what Scenes are. I explained and she understood, but still, I want anyone to understand (almost).
Any suggestions for another name or a better icon, that will describe Scenes.

Thanks Peter
Attachments
Temp Scenes.png
Temp Scenes.png (2.86 KiB) Viewed 8429 times

Posted on
Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:44 am
Sharek326 offline

I always use there types to represent Scenes

http://image005.flaticon.com/28/svg/34/34414.svg

Posted on
Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:06 am
RAID5 offline

I know that's a commonly used icon to, but she still didn't think that was a icon describeing what it it does.

/RAID5
Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:56 am
FlyingDiver offline

How about "Preset"? I checked Google Translate, and it has a very specific Swedish equivalent that seems to match the English meaning.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 51 of 68 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 68