Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:00 pm
lvrouter offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

I haven't experienced any issues with Safari causing memory problems, although I'm betting that I restart it every few days (you know, always changing something). I've had it running for 3 or 4 days at a time without being touched and no issue.

As to power consumption, it's interesting. The "low point" for the house is about 1.2 kWh, it just doesn't go below that under any circumstances short of a power failure. I tracked all of that down and can account for it (DirecTV receivers, a couple of MacMinis, a few switches, phone systems, HAI alarm, security DVR, refrigerators and cameras, etc. But even that isn't bad. Average consumption (without AC) is about 2kW or 40-50 kWh per day, mostly because I run a lot of exterior lighting at night for security. I'm quite pleased with all of that, except ...

Summer is another matter. AC here in the desert (where it can reach 120 with lows in the 90s) is the big killer. By managing the thermostats with the HAI system I can control some of that. At night only the Master Bedroom runs (kids are all moved out), remainder of the house is setup to 80 degrees. Programming on the HAI allows me to "zone out" the Den, upstairs and exercise room (I really need to use that room more) when they're not being used. The AC unit in the workshop is only used when I'm actually in there working on a car or something, not to often but handy when detailing. Power draw when all of the AC compressors are running, or 5 of the 6 anyway, can peak real fast. Today we reached about 95 degrees, the house was empty (so everything was set back by the HAI programming, or "away" mode), so when I returned home and disarmed the temps were reset. It peaked at 24.1kWh for a while wile the compressors were running, then settles down.

After a few months of experimenting, ALL of the thermostat settings are automatic, we hardly ever touch them, HAI system does it all. If we leave a patio door open, that area is turned off, back on when the door is secured. You get the idea. It's all logical and it REALLY makes a huge difference.

The house is about 14 years old, the sun exposure is perfect (south side is the garage which buffers the house) and it is extremely well insulated (6" exterior walls). One thing I did notice which is important is that I replaced one of the 4.5 Ton AC compressors last year, the old one draws about 5 kWh when running, the new one only draws 3.5 kWh. Something to be said for high efficiency appliances.

Power monitoring has always been part of my hobby, I've had numerous systems, latest for the past two years is a Brultech monitor with seven channels active (main house, AC units, oven) connected to their Dashbox appliance. It's probably a $1k investment but I KNOW it has a short 1 or 2 year payback in energy savings by being able to know exactly where the power is being used (and it's kinda cool).

Posted on
Sun May 01, 2016 5:59 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Inspired by Raniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun May 01, 2016 7:00 pm
Different Computers offline

As far as the always open Safari page--if you're talking about on a Mac, why not set it to automatically reboot at 3 AM or something? Put Safari as a login item and set the user to log in automatically, and you'll never notice any interruption.

Hmmm... except for persistent login issues to the web page. Maybe someone else knows if that's scriptable.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon May 02, 2016 7:24 am

Here's the first of my pages that I think is stable and won't change much unless I add new hardware. Other pages are a similar theme, but I'm still fiddling with them and not yet happy with the result.

Designed primarily for display on an old iPad I, so controls are big. This page sits open all the time.

The ALL CAPS vs. regular case indicates rooms rather than devices. The Home icon in top right is my home mode indicator.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 9.17.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 9.17.44 AM.png (488.14 KiB) Viewed 7609 times

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 4:29 am
eriass offline

Sharek326 wrote:
Korey

This link should work. Let me know if I missed any

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 2595225295

Is it possible to upload it once more?
Thanks.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 4:40 am
Sharek326 offline

Korey

I am sorry. I don't have these anymore. I am working on a newer layout currently. I can send you those when I am finished.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 8:41 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jeremyjjr wrote:
Simplest way is not to view the control page through the Indigo app but through a browser on the tablet - Safari on iOS or Dolphin on Android both work well. I prefer Dolphin as it supports full screen kiosk mode.

I like using iCabMobile on IOS for full screen kiosk mode as well.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 8:49 am
durosity offline

I just wish that pop-up controls would display the same in browsers as they do on indigo touch... Although I'm testing switching across to your dimmer plugin :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 8:51 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
I just wish that pop-up controls would display the same in browsers as they do on indigo touch... Although I'm testing switching across to your dimmer plugin :)

Control pages are why I build that plugin :)

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 9:28 am
durosity offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
durosity wrote:

Control pages are why I build that plugin :)

Clever boy! Here.. Have a cookie.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 4:20 pm
RAID5 offline

What plugin are we talking about, sounds interesting?

/RAID5
Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 4:22 pm
durosity offline

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 5:23 pm
durosity offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
jeremyjjr wrote:
Simplest way is not to view the control page through the Indigo app but through a browser on the tablet - Safari on iOS or Dolphin on Android both work well. I prefer Dolphin as it supports full screen kiosk mode.

I like using iCabMobile on IOS for full screen kiosk mode as well.

I meant to mention earlier you might want to check out Kiosk pro lite, a dedicated app for kiosk mode. I particularly like the fact you can get it to default back to a particular control page after X amount of time of inactivity.

Kiosk Pro Lite by Kiosk Group, Inc.
https://appsto.re/gb/yXQBy.i

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu May 26, 2016 9:23 am
lvrouter offline

Thanks for the great hint on Kiosk Pro. I ended up buying the basic version since it gets rid of the tag line at the bottom of the screen. The app runs in full screen mode, is secure, seems as fast as the Indigo app and gets rid of the annoying "page flipping" animation between pages. It seems to render the pages perfectly on both an iPad Air 2 as well as an older iPad 2 with the non retina display.

As you mentioned, the automatic "home page" function is great. I have a simple "IdlePage" with time and alarm status, black background and very dim colors so it looks dimmed. The app returns to that page automatically after the time set in the setup options (I used 60 seconds).

The only thing that seems to be an issue is the "pop up UI" controls, they open a new window with no way of closing. Not a big deal, I'm not a fan of them anyway.

Posted on
Thu May 26, 2016 9:25 am

Check out the "Smart Dimmer" plugin for a way to get rid of popup UI elements.

Page 53 of 68 1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 68