Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:23 pm
stuartcolman offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

The bracket for the Fire was hand made in my Garage :) Just some MDF (6mm) to build a box around the Fire (Left, Right, Bottom and Back) The top was left open for the power supply lead (an angled micro USB lead). However, it was designed to have a top cover if needed. The front frame is just some thin bits of Pine mitred to form a very basic picture frame style. All glued with some good quality wood glue, then painted in gloss white to give a smooth "plastic like" finish. Once done it then had some fabric tape (the stuff they use in modern cars to wrap the wiring looms (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tesa-15mm-Adhe ... B00EVSD52M)) to line the inside edges and give a bit of "friction" grip and protect the tablet.

It could be done in anything really. If I was to do again I would probably try and do it in plastic and give it a spray over for a better finish.

More pictures can be supplied if there is an interest, just let me know.

Thanks

Stuart
Last edited by stuartcolman on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:36 pm
aderrington offline

Thanks for the info, looks great.
I'd love to see more pics of your control pages if possible. Great clean design!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:09 pm
durosity offline

Nice work Stuart!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:57 am
Different Computers offline

I've been working on a whole new direction for my control pages, and it's not complete, but I like it a lot. I'm surprised more people haven't done something like this, as it's pretty clear Apple does more UI testing than any of us ever will.
This needs tweaking still, but it's in use.
Attachments
IMG_B199666799D7-1.jpeg
IMG_B199666799D7-1.jpeg (128.82 KiB) Viewed 9466 times

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:15 pm
stuartcolman offline

Just wanted to post the latest edition to my control pages. This is the page for the weather which includes some more in-depth info than the front page.

Only one more to go...
Attachments
Amazon Fire Dark Panel (Weather) - 07-JUN-17.png
Amazon Fire Dark Panel (Weather) - 07-JUN-17.png (127.82 KiB) Viewed 9398 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:09 pm
DaveL17 offline

Different Computers wrote:
I've been working on a whole new direction for my control pages, and it's not complete, but I like it a lot. I'm surprised more people haven't done something like this, as it's pretty clear Apple does more UI testing than any of us ever will.
This needs tweaking still, but it's in use.

I think that you're right that Apple has found this style of UI to be tried and true, and I think that other users of your system will find it familiar and probably non-threatening.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the 'mandatory' white on gray with OS X and iOS. Would it kill Apple to include some themes or allow the user to customize the colors of the interface? I'm a fan of simple dark schemes.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.04.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.04.45 PM.png (153.64 KiB) Viewed 9389 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:16 pm
DaveL17 offline

stuartcolman wrote:
Just wanted to post the latest edition to my control pages. This is the page for the weather which includes some more in-depth info than the front page.

Only one more to go...

Nice! Two things I notice with your weather page:

Your moon icon isn't a quarter but rather a half. If the image never changes, then disregard this one.
I'd recommend reducing the precision of the barometer variable. IMO, the .38 bit is unnecessary.

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:55 am
stuartcolman offline

Your moon icon isn't a quarter but rather a half. If the image never changes, then disregard this one.

I used this site (https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/uk/london) for reference for the icons. Also NASA shows the phases as this: Image

I'd recommend reducing the precision of the barometer variable. IMO, the .38 bit is unnecessary.

I'm just using the Current Weather - Current Condition - Barometric Pressure reading from the amazing WUndergound plugin. So maybe I should seek some advice from the author on how to remove the decimal places :wink:

Stuart

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:12 am
stuartcolman offline

Dave, I like that design, looks very nice and clean. I'm not a fan of the standard issue iOS theme either but as @Different Computers said they have done their research and know how to layout an interface.

Stuart

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:40 am
yassi offline

Stuart, that's a cool page, how did you create it? :roll:

Yassi

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:48 am
stuartcolman offline

Yassi,

Have a look at my previous post from Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:35 am (posting.php?mode=reply&f=133&t=1506#pr143929).

If you want to have a look at one of the PSD's let me know.

Stuart

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:04 am
aderrington offline

Hi Stuart.
If you don't mind I'd love to see the PSD file.
My current screen looks a little lacking compared to yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:48 am
norcoscia offline

Stuart, just wanted to say thanks again for sharing your work - I can't believe how nice everything looks.

How did you handle the ton of weather related INCONs needed - I wish I could find a paper on how they are grouped / called - it seems like the average person could get by and be happy with 20 or so and when I look at all the ICONs that came with Indigo it seems like lots more - not to mention I have messed around with the weather ICONs so my whole folder is a mess :-(

PS. Cant wait to see your last page....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:55 am
DaveL17 offline

stuartcolman wrote:
Also NASA shows the phases as this:

I mean, c'mon. Who are you going to believe? NASA or me?? (got that one spectacularly wrong! :D )

So maybe I should seek some advice from the author on how to remove the decimal places

I will look at building in a native precision control for pressure into the next build of the plugin. But in the interim, you could do it a couple of different ways:

1. The Adapters plugin would work great and would have the benefit of allowing you to make similar modifications to most any Indigo value.
2. Another would be a trigger that rounds the value and then puts the value into a variable. This is a less elegant solution. Here's a simple Python script to do the conversion.

Code: Select all
val = indigo.devices[1149686816].states['pressure']  # replace the id with your weather device id
val = round(val)  # round the val
val = int(val)  # convert the val to an integer
val = unicode(val)  # convert the val to a string (all Indigo variables are strings)
indigo.variable.updateValue(1886929874, val)  # replace the id with your variable id

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:06 am
DaveL17 offline

norcoscia wrote:
I wish I could find a paper on how they are grouped / called - it seems like the average person could get by and be happy with 20 or so and when I look at all the ICONs that came with Indigo it seems like lots more - not to mention I have messed around with the weather ICONs so my whole folder is a mess :-(

Once you get the hang of it, it's really easy. It does make for a lot of files in the images folder, though.

I have one group of images to display wind direction that is comprised of about 360 or so individual images:

WUcompassNeedleDeg+.png
WUcompassNeedleDeg+0.png
WUcompassNeedleDeg+1.png
WUcompassNeedleDeg+360.png

I've made a pack of images and instructions available here: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=13770
Attachments
WUcompassNeedleDeg+45.png
WUcompassNeedleDeg+45.png (3.98 KiB) Viewed 9304 times

Page 63 of 68 1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 68