Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:59 am
yassi offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

Sharek326 wrote:
Sure here is the link. I tried to upload to the file depository but somehow managed to lock myself out. this is linked to dropbox. Should work. If not let me know I can email them to anyone who wants them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m79pkpqase917ov/V12.zip?dl=0

Got them too, thank you!

But how did you make the shadows/ backdrops, the grey ones?

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:25 am
mwoodage offline

Chameleon wrote:
Just a few more…

I developed the pages using an Agile philosophy. Talking to my product owners (the rest of the family) they told me what features they actually wanted, which they used, those they didn't and we slowly iterated the layout and content of the pages from there. It works for me and makes the rest of the gang feel like they're involved in the whole process and "own" the automation system.

Mike

Hi Mike,
I see from the control page pictures you posted earlier this year that you're able to display the local train times in your area. This afternoon i tried to do the same and signed up for the Network Rail Api data feed, but am completely confused as to how i use it!
Would you mind sharing some of the code you've used to get the information displayed on your control pages?
I live in Devon and have signed up for the First Great Western Feed, from the Network Rail Data Feed site, as this is the one i'd use most - but how do you get the info on to a control page?

Thanks in advance
Martin

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:38 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Switched from Vera to Idigo about 6 months ago. Finally have enough of the design done to share.

Home Screen

I might change the layout of this a bit. I find that I spend more time in the sub-screens then I do here.

Key Feature: The top right image is a rotating video image that loops through all of my cameras. Done through updating a symbolic link. More on this on the video page.

HomeScreen.png
HomeScreen.png (179.93 KiB) Viewed 10621 times

Security

Key Features:

Security Log File (Left Half): dynamic list that you can "scroll" up and down. Done with SQL statements and a lot of images.

Security Alarm (bottom Right): Code turns alarm on if home. If you turn on the alarm without a code, the alarm sets once you are away from the house. Code turns off the alarm as well. Using ZWave door sensors and two ZWave alarms

Security.png
Security.png (178.01 KiB) Viewed 10621 times

Music

After several back and forth and experiments with airplay and sonos I decided to go with all airplay speaker system. Sold my Sonos on eBay and made enough money to buy a dedicated Mac Mini :). I also use iTunes and Apple Music for all of my music.

"Changing the stations" is the most unreliable part of my system. Because there is not a lot of Applescript support for Apple Music Radio (i.e. play music like REM) I have to do some kludgy things to get it to play. I have been thinking about switching to Spotify.

Key Features

Album Art: Using a command line tool to get all of my album art. I found it more reliable than some of the other options.

Playlists: I can send a playlist I create to my Indigo and it will add the playlist to my saved stations.

Saved Stations: the first 15 stations are hard coded, the other 15 are dynamically built per the method mentioned above.

(Please note that all of my volume controls goes up to 11!)

Music.png
Music.png (228.67 KiB) Viewed 10621 times

Lights

Nothing terribly exciting here other than I bought a bunch of TCP lights on clearance at Home Depot and am using them through Vera. Easier and cheaper than buying a bunch of new switches. Hopefully the bulbs last...

lights.png
lights.png (117.84 KiB) Viewed 10621 times

Thermostat

Key Features

Temperature Ranges (Upper Left): The bar graphs show the current temp and ranges for for inside and outside temps. The left is the inside temperature and the high and low set points. The right graph shows the outside temp, the system doesn't come on unless the temp is outside the ranges.

Average Up and Down Temps: I have a basement that is always about 6 degrees colder than upstairs. The system uses and average temperature between the two areas and has dramatically decreased the "nice upstairs, frigid downstairs" issue. One of my next projects is to install a fan that I can control with ZWave to move cold air up or push warm air down depending on the season.

Window Off: I have a window in my dining room that will turn off the system if it is open. We live on a hill so we will often have a nice breeze even when it is hot outside.

Away/Home/Vacation: High and Low set points are adjusted based location. Tried numerous plugins to detect home/away modes but ended up using IFTTT - it seemed to be the most reliable without draining my iPhone battery. I have a recipe that puts a file in a dropbox folder when I enter or exit different geofences. I then have a Automator folder watch that updates Indigo when the file appears. So far it has been pretty reliable.

Graph: The graph shows outside temp, upstairs temp, downstairs temp, and amount of time the air was on.

Thermostat.png
Thermostat.png (157.69 KiB) Viewed 10621 times

Video

This was the most challenging and rewarding section. I chose to use "EvoCam" mainly because I am cheap and didn't want to spend the money for SecuritySpy. Looks like Evological might be defunct (can't access their web site) so I may need to change this eventually.

The odd layout of the small cameras is because I am in the process of adding another camera and this was the best way to fit an odd number of camera on the page.

Key Features:

Smal/Large: If you click on any of the small images on the left, that camera is displayed in the right larger view. I do this by using a symbolic link file to display the large image. When a small camera is clicked a script changes the pointer in the symbolic link.

Video recording: I have several motion detectors (using EvoCam's motion detection in the camera was too unreliable) that trigger the cameras to record. here is the process: 1) record a unique video file 2) create a date stamped folder 3) save the folder name to Idigo (used for the log list) 4) move the video file to the folder 5) convert the video to a series of images.

Scrolling list: I am using the same code here that I used for my security log. However, if I click on any of the images it plays the recorded "video" in the big video screen. I am using the symbolic link trick here as well.

Video.png
Video.png (298.81 KiB) Viewed 10621 times

Configuration:

Another boring page. Allows me to easily change several features - mostly the high/low set points for my thermostat.

Configuration.png
Configuration.png (163.69 KiB) Viewed 10621 times

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:35 pm
Sharek326 offline

yassi wrote:
Sharek326 wrote:
Sure here is the link. I tried to upload to the file depository but somehow managed to lock myself out. this is linked to dropbox. Should work. If not let me know I can email them to anyone who wants them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m79pkpqase917ov/V12.zip?dl=0

Got them too, thank you!

But how did you make the shadows/ backdrops, the grey ones?

Sorry I just noticed your question. I do most of my changes in Adobe Fireworks. That was done by doing a linear gradient. I did the same with the "On" states as well. For the lighter color I usually pick about 2 shades lighter then I use for the darkest point of the image.

Posted on
Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:09 am
ckeyes888 offline

Nice pages! Would of mind sharing the "symbolic link" technique for the cam images?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:38 am
bkmar1192 offline

Looping cameras by using symbolic links:

setup - I have a separate folder for each camera using a 2 letter code (i.e. there is a folder for the front door named FD). Each camera updates a picture in their folder every second using the same file name. as all the other cameras This is configured through Evocam. A separate symbolic link file is setup to point to one of these files

Scheduled script - runs every 2 seconds and rotates through each of my cameras. There is a variable that has a list of all of my cameras so when I want to add another camera I just need to update the variable and not change any code.

Code: Select all
--Variable with string of the two character codes of the camera folders (i.e. LRBTBDDRFDGG)
set currentcamera to value of variable "currentcamera"

--Get the first 2 characters of the camera string.  This represents the next camera in the loop.
set lenVariable to (length of currentcamera)
set videofile to text 1 thru 2 of currentcamera
set otherfiles to text 3 thru (length of currentcamera) of currentcamera

--Set up the parameters of the symbolic link.  toFileName is the filename that is used in the Indigo Control Page.  fromFilename is the file produced by Evocam.
set baseFolder to "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoWebServer/video/"
set toFilename to baseFolder & "currentvideo.jpg"
set fromFilename to baseFolder & videofile & "/webcam.jpg"

--This shell script changes the symbolic link to point to the new camera image file.
set shellscript to "ln -hfs '" & fromFilename & "' '" & toFilename & "'"
do shell script shellscript

--Put the current camera name at the end of the string
set value of variable "currentcamera" to otherfiles & videofile

Now add a refreshing image on a control page using the path to the symbolic link.

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:27 pm
ethank offline

How'd you get the graph on there? Any link to the graphics pack you used?

Posted on
Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:40 am
bkmar1192 offline

Graph is from Indigo PlotD. Icons are from here: http://graphicdesignjunction.com/2014/0 ... ine-icons/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:14 am
esprits300 offline

Beautiful pages! question. I'm trying to do something similar with airplay regarding the status and volume of EACH airplay speaker. I have an AppleScript to turn on and off the speaker and set the volume, BUT i can't find any way to get the current status or volume. how did you go about doing that? thanks!

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:06 am
bkmar1192 offline

esprits300 wrote:
Beautiful pages! question. I'm trying to do something similar with airplay regarding the status and volume of EACH airplay speaker. I have an AppleScript to turn on and off the speaker and set the volume, BUT i can't find any way to get the current status or volume. how did you go about doing that? thanks!

First I created a variable for each speaker with the format [speaker name]_vol, and two variables called VolUp and VolDown. In my control page, when you click on the + it sets VolUp to the name of the speaker (- set VolDown).

I then have a trigger that runs when VolUp is changed (a different trigger for VolDown). The trigger runs this bit of code:

#Get value of VolUp
set thespeaker to value of variable "VolUp"
#Create and empty list
set speakerlist to {}

if thespeaker is not "" then

#Get the current speaker volume level
set thespeakervol to thespeaker & "_vol"
set rawVolume to value of variable thespeakervol as integer

#As long as the volume is not 11 turn it up 1 level
#the vol script is identical to this except that it checks for vol <0 and subtracts 1
if rawVolume is less than 11 then
set rawVolume to (rawVolume + 1) as integer
end if

#Convert 1-11 to 0% - 100%
set newvolume to ((rawVolume * 0.09) * 100) / 100

tell application "Airfoil"
#If VolUp is equal to Main then get a list of all the speakers (we want to increase all of their volumes)
if thespeaker = "Main" then
set allspeakers to every speaker
#otherwise just get the speaker in VolUp
else
set allspeakers to every speaker whose name is thespeaker
end if

# loop through the list of speakers
repeat with thisspeaker in all speakers
#If the speaker is connected set the speakers volume
if (connected of thisspeaker) then
set the end of speakerlist to name of thisspeaker
if newvolume > 0.9 then
set (volume of thisspeaker) to 1
else
set (volume of thisspeaker) to newvolume
end if
end if
end repeat
end tell

#reset speaker volume level
if thespeaker = "Main" then
set value of variable "Main_vol" to rawVolume
end if

#reset speaker volume level
repeat with thisspeaker in speakerlist
set the value of variable (thisspeaker & "_vol") to rawVolume
end repeat

set value of variable "VolUp" to ""

end if

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:45 pm
mediabox offline

Here's mine.

- Webcams (Foscam and Amcrest) thumbnails when clicked move camera to various presets. ffmpeg records 24x7 to disk.
- Have grandma living with us so need to make sure she turns off the stove.
- Lots of motion sensors to toggle lights since everyone forgets to turn them off.
- Amazon Echos in kitchen and master bed to handle voice commands.
- Indigo reads my email so knows when Honeywell alarm is armed/disarmed. When gate left open sends me email/text. If motion outside detected lights turn on perimeter lights for 10 mins. Also when armed "away" mode, "vacation mode" enabled by itself.
- Indigo can talk to Echo and is very trippy. Indigo says "Alexa tell me a joke" or "Alexa turn on TV" and she obeys (needs alternate bluetooth speaker, doesn't work well if using Echo's since when Echo hears 'Alexa' she mutes here bluetooth audio)
- Front motion triggers 3 sets of pix 7 seconds apart and sends email/txt with them attached, rear motion does similar thing. If it's too windy I don't send emails since lots of false positives.
- Scripted an Indigo alarm clock which connects to Master Bed Echo and gently ramps up the volume.
- Current Indigo log exposed to Apache, and available over https w/ password.
- Queries Weather Underground every 10 mins for outdoor temps.
- Relay devices connected to garage doors to open/close. Siren sounds for moment to alert anyone in the way.
Attachments
cp main.png
cp main.png (500.19 KiB) Viewed 9461 times
cp upper.png
cp upper.png (391.01 KiB) Viewed 9461 times
cp music.png
cp music.png (502.43 KiB) Viewed 9461 times
garage1.png
garage1.png (498.78 KiB) Viewed 9461 times

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:47 am
thekunzies offline

Some of my own control,pages, I have a iPad Pro stuck onto the wall, works like a charm!
I had to resize them for the forum post.
Green is off, red is on, simple :-)
Attachments
main_page.jpg
main_page.jpg (378.12 KiB) Viewed 8210 times
Last edited by thekunzies on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:48 am
thekunzies offline

And the Living room
Attachments
living_room.jpg
living_room.jpg (59.08 KiB) Viewed 8212 times

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:05 am
Professor Falken offline

by thekunzies » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:47 am

Some of my own control,pages, I have a iPad Pro stuck onto the wall, works like a charm!
I had to resize them for the forum post.

Those are nice. Really like the distressed wood theme.

Posted on
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:54 am
Professor Falken offline

Every time I return to this forum, I get new ideas of things to add to my own pages. I hope to have some to post when they are closer to done. (I suspect control pages are never "done", as there is probably always something new that can be added).

Anyway, I have three questions that I hope someone may have some ideas on. I searched the forums but didn't see much on these issues:

1) Thermostat Set Points

Is there an easy way, from a control page action standpoint, to only present buttons to adjust the setpoint for the current mode of the thermostat? That is, I don't really need to adjust the cool setpoint when the heat is on and vice versa. For just display purposes, I was able (I think- not fully tested yet) to display only the current mode setpoint by using some variables and triggers to make a display variable mirror only the setpoint of the current thermostat mode.

But for adjustment purposes I think that will be a bit trickier.

It's almost like there should be a device state called setpointCurrent and actions called AdjustSetpointCurrent. But I don't see these in the thermostat device or actions sections.

I suppose I could make some buttons tied to the same final display variable, place them in somewhat different areas of the control page, and when in heat mode the buttons to adjust the cool setpoint will present an invisible image and in cool mode the heat buttons will be clear. But if the user happened to push on this clear image, he would still be adjusting the non-active setpoint.

Am I missing a more elegant solution?

2) Motion Sensors

The motion sensors on my alarm (Honeywell) seem to report motion, then sort-of "timeout" for 3 minutes as a battery saving gesture. Makes sense. But on a control page, this means that if I display based on the device state, I get a very brief "on" image for the motion sensor, which switches quickly back to "off" and doesn't change again for 3 minutes. Now, there is obviously no way to make the motion sensor report motion more frequently--and I wouldn't want to, lest I have to change batteries monthly-- but might there be an easy way to make the control page display the "on" icon for longer? Since the motion sesnsor considers itself to have "seen motion" for 3 minutes, I'm thinking my page should display the motion icon for those same 3 minutes.

Any ideas?

I could create a variable for each sensor which becomes true on motion, then resets to false after 3 minutes, then base the display image on the variable instead of the actual device state. Is this my best bet, or am I missing a better solution?

3. Device last change display

In the Indigo device panel, most physical device types report a "device last changed" state. Yet in the Control Page building interface, this is rarely an option for a displayable device state result. Is there a way to display this info on a control page? In my motion sensor example above, I see that Indigo knows the last change, because if I leave the control page displayer and go into the device page, it will tell me the last change. So the data is there. Is this another case where I need to create another variable for each device and insert the timestamp into the variable on each activation?

Thanks

Page 58 of 68 1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 68