Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:28 pm
pwfletcher offline

Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

[MODERATOR NOTE] - we've locked this topic as it's become too long to be useful. If you want to share you Control Page designs, please post a new topic for it in the Control Page Designs and Images forum.

- Live security cam video feeds via http://www.humanovation.com/2012/11/13/indigo-home-automation-6-beta-brings-z-wave/.
- Real time whole home power usage via T.E.D. (The Energy Detective).
- Home theater control via IRTrans and iRed.

Update Coming

http://www.humanovation.com
Last edited by pwfletcher on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:39 pm
snowjay offline

(No subject)

This is what I have so far. I already had my floor plan in Visio so it was an easy export for a background image. I went with the "negative" look so it's easy to read in all lighting and won't light up the room when all the lights are off (like if you are trying to watch a movie).

I need to come up with a cool logo and graphic for the top. Not all the buttons work but they are there for place holders.

Last edited by snowjay on Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:10 pm
ssmiller offline

(No subject)

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:15 pm
snowjay offline

(No subject)

ssmiler, how did you get the different shading on the left? The only way I figured it could be done is to create a complete background with it already built in.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:49 pm
pwfletcher offline

(No subject)

Hey ... nice pages :) What happens when you click the iTunes or Music buttons on your pages? Does it take you to a different page? Also, has anyone intragted iRed into it yet? I am just setting up my Itrans ethernet and need to figure out a way to integrate it into my main control page (or link it to a secondary page if we can do that).

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:57 pm
hcohen offline

I am using digital images and photoshop

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:00 pm
pwfletcher offline

(No subject)

Linked for hcohen

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:12 pm
snowjay offline

(No subject)

pwfletcher wrote:
Hey ... nice pages :) What happens when you click the iTunes or Music buttons on your pages? Does it take you to a different page? Also, has anyone intragted iRed into it yet? I am just setting up my Itrans ethernet and need to figure out a way to integrate it into my main control page (or link it to a secondary page if we can do that).

Yes my iTunes button takes you to a seperate page. On that page I have the iTunes control, black background and the Indigo logo. :)

I don't actually have any music on the server yet, it's all on my PB, so I haven't gotten it working. I need to pick up an optical cable for the mini to hook to my stereo and then I'll work on that some more.

Thats a neat idea with the pictures!

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:15 pm
hcohen offline

Using Pictures

Can not take credit for it ..It was my wifes idea but it gets very high wife approval when you show them how to use it on a web browser as opposed to floor plans..

Harv

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:21 pm
snowjay offline

(No subject)

I don't have to worry about the WAF, at least not yet. :lol:

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:13 pm
ssmiller offline

(No subject)

ssmiler, how did you get the different shading on the left? The only way I figured it could be done is to create a complete background with it already built in.

The entire background is made in PhotoShop (except floorplan is Visio) by overlapping different rectangles in layers. You can apply a gradient to a shape if you really want to shade.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:01 pm
pwfletcher offline

(No subject)

snowjay ... post a pic of your iTunes page for me if you would please.

ps - I borrowed a few of the appliances from your pic ... thanks :)
Last edited by pwfletcher on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:09 pm
snowjay offline

(No subject)

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:10 pm
pwfletcher offline

(No subject)

were you able to get it to update the track & artist listing? (nevermind ... I see that you do not have it set up yet). Thanks for the pic though!

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:25 pm
snowjay offline

(No subject)

pwfletcher wrote:
snowjay ... post a pic of your iTunes page for me if you would please.

ps - I borrowed a few of the appliances from your pic ... thanks :)

No problem. ;)

I liked how yours looked with the solid white walls so I borrowed that idea too. :D

It's neat seeing the differnet ideas from people.