Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 am
akimball offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

Because the control page editor for Indigo Touch isn't a full-blown graphics editor, much of the functionality is often done with static images and/or background images. It's a back and forth process of laying out the buttons and controls and then using a 2nd program to pull in a background. It is also possible to design many of your own controls, especially buttons. Sliders are still difficult to accomplish and controls standard to an Apple interface (color pickers, data selectors, and the like) are nearly impossible to do. I came from using Apple's "Interface Builder" and have to admit that some of those capabilities would be very nice to have but would require a whole team of developers with no life. Given those limitations, it's actually very cool what you can accomplish using the interface as is. I use three separate programs to create images and graphics 1) Cheeta 3D, 2) iDraw, and 3) GraphicsConverter. I also use a couple of batch utilities for naming large groups of button.png files when needed to create collections of buttons. For 3D layouts on floors of my home, I use a website utility called "FloorPlanner.com". Very easy to design floorplans with a 3D look. I don't have a good solution for outdoor landscape lighting layout as of yet.

You'll want to know how Indigo Touch uses buttons for various states... just dive in and play. Quickest way to learn. I love Indigo and it's been very useful in my household.

-Al

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:21 am
mattggarland offline

I know this is my third bout of contributions to this thread, but I have re-designed again. This time, HTML is used, saved in the indigo web server directory. I use JavaScript and HTTP Get commands to trigger actions, display variables etc.

Advantages:
I can swipe up down left right etc to make my OSD's on Blu ray, Apple TV, PS3 etc move, and tap to select. I also have touch and hold for volume controls (which could even be a slider if I liked!)

Posted on
Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:47 pm
ToonDoom offline

I've just got the first button working on my second version of my home page.

- I hit a limit of how much I could customise the images with "Home Design" so decided to draw my house manually. I've wanted to learn graphics for a while now so used this as opportunity. Details down to the rugs, table, tiles, worktop and pictures are accurate
- I didn't like how busy the previous UI was. I'm now going to put all the controls on each device and reduce the number of pages
- I want to see status of the devices on each device
- Device buttons influenced by apple watch fitness and iPad overlays

Light off:

IMG_0007.jpg
Light off
IMG_0007.jpg (137.46 KiB) Viewed 8524 times

Kitchen lights on. Yellow, 40% brightness.

IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg (139.94 KiB) Viewed 8524 times

Kitchen lights on. Light Blue, 80% brightness.

IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg (140.38 KiB) Viewed 8524 times

Lots still to do:

- Add other lights
- Add Icons for blinds
- Add icons for sonos
- Add a menu or icons to get to the floors
- Finish rooms
-Just for shit and giggles - Put something on the screens when on, Open doors when open

Feedback welcome.

Posted on
Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:20 pm
durosity offline

Nice, i particularly like the overlay with the buttons for control of colour over the kitchen. I'm hoping some day in the future Indigo Touch will support actual mini pop-ups for this kind of control in the same way that it currently does for dimmers.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:30 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Maybe just me but I would cut the wall height at least in half to help alleviate that doll house effect.

Carl

Posted on
Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:59 pm
ToonDoom offline

durosity wrote:
Nice, i particularly like the overlay with the buttons for control of colour over the kitchen. I'm hoping some day in the future Indigo Touch will support actual mini pop-ups for this kind of control in the same way that it currently does for dimmers.

Cheers :wink:

Yeah popups would be nice. Maybe with force touch.

Posted on
Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:59 pm
ToonDoom offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Maybe just me but I would cut the wall height at least in half to help alleviate that doll house effect.

Carl

You may be right. I'll try it out see how it looks.

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:48 pm
ToonDoom offline

image.png
image.png (309.23 KiB) Viewed 8340 times

image.png
image.png (311.01 KiB) Viewed 8340 times

image.png
image.png (211.16 KiB) Viewed 8340 times

Round two. Lots of changes. Reduced wall height (thanks for tip).. Started adding a menu.

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:00 pm
Gysbert71 offline

I'm working with Indigo for about a year now. Spent time on designing control pages during the first few months, but I'm using these for quite some time now and I am pretty satisfied with them. They work on both my iPhone and iPad. I copied three of them next to each other in a new control page to work with them on my Mac's wide screen.

[img]/Volumes/Mac%20Companion/iPhoto%20bibliotheek/iPhoto-hoofdbieb/Masters/2015/10/31/20151031-213837/IMG_9939.PNG[/img]

[img]/Volumes/Mac%20Companion/iPhoto%20bibliotheek/iPhoto-hoofdbieb/Masters/2015/10/31/20151031-213837/IMG_9932.PNG[/img]

[img]/Volumes/Mac%20Companion/iPhoto%20bibliotheek/iPhoto-hoofdbieb/Masters/2015/10/31/20151031-213837/IMG_9933.PNG[/img]

[img]/Volumes/Mac%20Companion/iPhoto%20bibliotheek/iPhoto-hoofdbieb/Masters/2015/10/31/20151031-213837/IMG_9935.PNG[/img]

[img]/Volumes/Mac%20Companion/iPhoto%20bibliotheek/iPhoto-hoofdbieb/Masters/2015/10/31/20151031-213837/IMG_9936.PNG[/img]

[img]/Volumes/Mac%20Companion/iPhoto%20bibliotheek/iPhoto-hoofdbieb/Masters/2015/10/31/20151031-213837/IMG_9937.PNG[/img]

[img]/Volumes/Mac%20Companion/iPhoto%20bibliotheek/iPhoto-hoofdbieb/Masters/2015/10/31/20151031-213837/IMG_9940.PNG[/img]

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:05 pm
Gysbert offline

That's just great...

Apparently I haven't got a clue how to upload pics of my control pages...

Sorry guys, I'm gonna do my homework.

15x dimmer, 6x switch, 12 sets of outdoor blinds with switches, 17x electric curtain rails with switches, 2x electric roof lights with switches, 1x multisensor, 2x door sensors, Aeotec Siren, Geohopper, WUnderground plug-in, TOON smart thermostat

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:11 pm
Turribeach offline

Why do you have two forum accounts?

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:12 pm
durosity offline

Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

I find it easiest to put them on an image sharing website like photobucket and embed them from there. Looking forward to seeing your work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:24 pm
Gysbert offline

Nailed it! I guess...

I don't have two accounts, I just didn't notice I wasn't logged in. Indigo asked for my username and I even got that wrong. So I posted a comment with "Gysbert71", which apparently is not my username... It's after 10 pm here...

15x dimmer, 6x switch, 12 sets of outdoor blinds with switches, 17x electric curtain rails with switches, 2x electric roof lights with switches, 1x multisensor, 2x door sensors, Aeotec Siren, Geohopper, WUnderground plug-in, TOON smart thermostat

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:14 pm
Gysbert offline

Some elaboration...

First page controls lights and some mate data (are we having a day off, are we home, are there people visiting). Most lights are also manually controlled by Jung impuls switches, some are operated by beautiful small toggle switches on stainless steel plate.

Second page operates blinds and curtains. My house (pic top right on every control page) has blinds outside and curtains inside all around the entire second floor. The blinds are operated combined per room by old PLCBUS (like X10) modules and my control page shows four positions: up, down, open, reversed. Could work better with two-way Zwave modules, but still works like a charm. Fourteen electric curtains open all at the same time. I'm planning on separating the living room from the bedrooms.

Third page operates iTunes, just because it can...

Fourth page shows meteo, thanks to WUnderground.

Fifth page is important, because it controls my irrigation. The lawn needs to be green... The control page shows my backyard, with three irrigation zones. They can be switched on manually for a set number of minutes per zone (so there is no risk of leaving them on all night). But thanks to WUnderground, I also have rain-data of the last couple of days. When it was too dry, the right bottom icon lights up and the irrigation-scene runs in the night. When it doesn't need to run, I can still force it to run by clicking on the icon above, which is lit up in the screen shot. I use Zwave switches to control magnetic valves.

The sixth page controls my TV through an old X10 IR-transmitter. Turns on the TV when I'm not home to deceive burglars...

Final page shows the security status. White is security off, orange is security on while we're at home (so no alarm on movement, indicated by the running man which stands still when there is no movement), red indicates full armed security. The age also shows my whereabouts (at home and at several work locations) through Geofancy. The alarm can be armed in the hall way by two toggle switches on a stainless steel backplate with led indicators.

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:33 pm
durosity offline

Very nicely done! Does it scale to a bigger size like an iPad screen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 47 of 68 1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 68