Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:33 pm
pwfletcher offline

(No subject)

OK ... here is what I still need to figure out ... any help would be greatly appreciated:

1. I need to figure out how to integrate SecuritySpy video in a little window (even if it is an image that updates every 3 seconds or so) in my main control page; and

2. I need to figure out how to integrate iRed ir commands in to my main control page so that I can send macros to my home theater system; and

3. I need to figure out how to chose specific playlists and/or radio stations from the iTunes controller on my main control page; and

4. I need to figure out how to chose which speakers iTunes is sending to from the iTunes controller on my main control page.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I have updated my control page image several times tonight to show its evolution and hope that others will continue to do so as well ... thanks for posting guys, I am getting some great ideas :)

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:43 pm
polycron offline

(No subject)

First attempt with a lot of work to go.....but having FUN!

- Jeff

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:56 pm
pwfletcher offline

(No subject)

That is nice Jeff! Would you mind showing us your Status & Weather page?

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:05 am
ssmiller offline

(No subject)

pwfletcher,

I like your taste in Music. Your screen shot reminded me I haven't listen to The Stone Roses in a while. :D

I am still working on my Music page but will post here when complete.

Scott

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:06 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

The example posts are great. I'm really enjoying seeing what everyone is doing! Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:36 am
polycron offline

(No subject)

Pwfletcher, here you go. I still have a ton of work to do on it. I'm not crazy about the color scheme, my text isn't quite lined up and I really want to get graphics in the Weather section.

If anyone has designed a "Powered by Indigo" slimline image, please share.

- Jeff
Last edited by polycron on Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:21 am
snowjay offline

(No subject)

I did a little more updating on mine this morning, I posted the change in my original post on page 1.

I also like the idea of a status page and I knew I forgot to make a button for weather. Back to Photoshop...

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:29 pm
dtich offline

(No subject)

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:12 pm
dtich offline

(No subject)

matt, btw: see in my pic, above "itunesstatus" at the top where it says in green: "«constant ****kPSp»"? (part of it is cut off because the field is too small). that is supposed to say Playing or Paused or Stopped, and it does normally, but after a restart all i get is this "«constant ****kPSp»" for a while, and then it just fixes itself after a day or so... really weird. i can't figure it out at all but it happens after every restart.

it's no real problem, doesn't impede anything from working correctly, just looks stupid. (fyi: the text "itunesstatus" updates the field above it (which is auto upated every minute). the status field, where it normally says Playing, etc, is clickable and does play/pause logic. the song title advances to the next track when clicked, and the artist name is also play/pause.)

but, if you have any idea about the garbage variable value, let me know. thx. (for now i'm assuming it's something in itunes, it doesn't set its internal var values to plain english for some reason....?)

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Dylan,

I've seen something similar to that before, and like you have seen it come and go. Very strange. That said, I think that if you cast the "player state" in iTunes explicitly to a string it won't happen. I imagine your script is currently getting from iTunes (via AppleScript) the player state without the cast. Try using "player state as string" instead.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:37 pm
JohnConrader offline

(No subject)

How do you post a picture? I went to here - http://ekstreme.com/buttonmaker/ and made a button, but I can't post it. It is nothing special, just a little web button.

You can get to it by going to this link:
button

-John

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:04 pm
dtich offline

(No subject)

see, now it's fixed itself:

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:24 pm
dtich offline

(No subject)

ssmiller wrote:
I like your taste in Music. Your screen shot reminded me I haven't listen to The Stone Roses in a while.

had the same thought!

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:45 pm
ctdkite offline

(No subject)

I don't have much of a floor plan, yet. I am starting with an old plan I made with OmniGraffle. However, I wanted to show what I was able to do by integrating the control pages into a Rapid Weaver theme.

ctdkite

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:47 pm
pwfletcher offline

(No subject)

Lol ... an oldie, but goodie :) BTW dtich ... stellar control page!

I am programming my IRTrans right now to run my Home Theater from my control page. I am entering the remote codes in to iRed and will post an updated pic when I am finished.

Indigo 2.0 is like crack ... I just can't stop!!!