Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:17 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

First two cracks at control pages for an iPad. I'm not quite happy with them yet, but I suspect that it's quite possible that I may never stop tweaking them.

Things on the short list:
- I really need to do some more work on the thermostat group.
- I'd like to standardize the data presentation a little bit more.
- I'd like to cycle the weather conditions icon for day/night.

I also have an iFrame copy of the weather page with animated radar, and a Thingspeak page that displays historical data (which I'll be integrating next).

Dave
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (387.09 KiB) Viewed 9526 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (442.97 KiB) Viewed 9526 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Great pages! Love clean look. Curious about the iFrame radar images.
Care to share any info on how that is done?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:19 am
DaveL17 offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Great pages! Love clean look. Curious about the iFrame radar images.
Care to share any info on how that is done?

Thanks,

Carl

Thanks Carl.

I started with a base page in HTML. Then, I added iFrames for the two wunderground images via calls to the wunderground API. Moving to the Indigo side, I copied the weather conditions groups and made small control pages for each group, and then call those with iFrames that hold the URLs via the IWS. It's really quite easy once you get the hang of it. If this all sounds like gibberish, I'm happy to help you if you like.

It's pretty amazing how much information one can get through calls to the wunderground API.
http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/

Dave

Update: Here's the base code I use (contains a sample of one wunderground frame and one Indigo frame).
Code: Select all
<html>

<title>
Indigo Weather Webpage
</title>

<body>
<body bgcolor="#000000">
<!-- http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs?d=layers/radar&MR=1 -->

<iframe width="450" height="420" frameborder=0 seamless align="top" src="http://api.wunderground.com/api/API KEY/animatedradar/q/STATE/CITY.gif?newmaps=1&timelabel=1&timelabel.y=10&num=8&delay=50&noclutter=1&width=400&height=400&radius=100&timelabel.x=20&timelabel.y=395"></iframe>

<iframe width="550" height="400" frameborder=0 seamless align="top" src="http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@INDIGO IP_ADDRESS:8176/controlpage?name=iFrame%20Weather"></iframe>

</body>

</html>
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.5 KiB) Viewed 9478 times

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:46 am
HA1 offline

guitar486 wrote:
Latest (Some new modules, slight redesign)

guitar486, are the surrounding outline blocks for each section of your page custom images you developed separately? There's no way to draw those in Indigo, correct?

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:50 am
ckeyes888 offline

Dave, doesn't sound like gibberish...more like interesting.

Care to share how to implement the iFrame into Indigo?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 am
DaveL17 offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Dave, doesn't sound like gibberish...more like interesting.

Care to share how to implement the iFrame into Indigo?

Thanks,

Carl

Hi Carl,

We're not implementing iFrames into Indigo, rather, we're viewing web pages that serve Indigo content into an iFrame. What we need to do is to construct an HTML file that will be viewed by our device (and this file needs to be accessible where ever we want to view it, but it also needs to be able to reach the IP address of the Indigo Web Server.

This code loads the animated radar image into the webpage, and tells the browser how to place it on the page. As far as I know, current convention is to use CSS style properties for iFrames as several legacy iFrame style tags have been deprecated. All that is to say that the 'style' tag tells the browser how to display the frame.
<iframe style="position:absolute; top:100px; left:010px; border:none" width="420" height="420" src="http://api.wunderground.com/api/<API KEY>/animatedradar/q/<STATE>/<CITY>.gif?newmaps=1&timelabel=1&timelabel.y=10&num=8&delay=50&noclutter=1&width=400&height=400&radius=100&timelabe.x=20&timelabel.y=395"></iframe>

This code loads an iFrame with an Indigo control page inside it. The 'Indigo IP' is the IP address of the computer running the Indigo Web Server that will render the content.
<iframe style="position:absolute; top:010px; left:430px; border:none" width="500" height="310" src="http://<USERNAME>:<PASSWORD>@<INDIGO IP>:8176/controlpage?name=iFrame%20Weather"></iframe>

The image below includes a third iFrame which is accessing data that I upload to Thingspeak.com (Indigo uploads the data through the Thingspeak API) and includes a scroll bar because there are actually 12 graphs in that frame that I can view. If you start with the code from my post above, and adjust it for your setup, it should get you started.
Dave
Attachments
Screen shot 2013-09-25 at 10.18.21 AM.png
Screen shot 2013-09-25 at 10.18.21 AM.png (252.75 KiB) Viewed 9417 times

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:55 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks a bunch for the great info Dave. I will definitely be checking that out.
Wish we could pull that off in Touch :-)

Carl

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:27 pm
DaveL17 offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Thanks a bunch for the great info Dave. I will definitely be checking that out.
Wish we could pull that off in Touch :-)

Carl

My pleasure. Let me know if you have any questions about this when you try it out.

Dave

Posted on
Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:36 pm
mundmc offline

Here are my JARVIS inspired ipad shots. The first picture Airplays from my mac to my 64" TV, giving me a virtual view down Lexington Ave. The Teal circle-y thing doubles as a directional pad, and the central "core" of the circle-y thing glows red when there is server activity. Pretty neat.:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 6.33.58 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 6.33.58 PM.jpg (143.22 KiB) Viewed 9340 times
Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 6.33.26 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 6.33.26 PM.jpg (206.47 KiB) Viewed 9340 times
Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 6.32.58 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 6.32.58 PM.jpg (198.33 KiB) Viewed 9340 times

Posted on
Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:05 pm
gbiski offline

Dave hello,

Can you tell me which script do you run in order to feed thingspeak with data?
I have created the api code and the fields but how can i tell Indigo to feed it from the values of some variables ?

thanks for the help
George

Posted on
Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 pm
durosity offline

Very swish, mundmc. I’d love to see the icons down the left side look a bit more refined, but other than that really nicely laid out and designed!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:43 am
Dewster35 offline

I'd like to see some constructive critical feedback here please! I already have an iOS 7'ish style of interface, but I'd like to see if I could make something else work. I'm using windows Metro style as my inspiration as well as an earlier post on Page 22 of this thread.

A solid white box denotes ON, OPEN, DELIVERED (Mailbox) or DONE (for appliances). 50% Transparent box denotes the opposite. A box with an outline is either informational, a scene or a link to a different control page.

All elements and styling are fair game!
Attachments
October_05__2013_at_1035AM.png
October_05__2013_at_1035AM.png (82.48 KiB) Viewed 9243 times

Posted on
Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:50 am
durosity offline

It’s a nice layout, BUT way too little colour.. would work well on an old Mac Plus from 1989 though! Have you considered introducing some chromatics into it? Perhaps have different shades of blue to red for the different temperatures of a room? Eg blue for 65º, a slightly lighter shade for 66º, again lighter for 67 working it’s way up to reds for the hotter temperatures? Same idea for alarm status perhaps? Other than that i like the concept!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:45 pm
Dewster35 offline

durosity wrote:
It’s a nice layout, BUT way too little colour.. would work well on an old Mac Plus from 1989 though! Have you considered introducing some chromatics into it? Perhaps have different shades of blue to red for the different temperatures of a room? Eg blue for 65º, a slightly lighter shade for 66º, again lighter for 67 working it’s way up to reds for the hotter temperatures? Same idea for alarm status perhaps? Other than that i like the concept!

I'm the worst color choice designer in the world :/ I've picked up a color pallet of typical metro styling and would like to incorporate it somehow, not quite sure how yet. Perhaps add like items to a specific color or rooms of a specific color. I've added an image of a shortcut arrow to the pages that take you to a different control page to try to differentiate the items that just have the outlined box some more. I wish I could take credit for the concept, but C64 gave me the idea :)

I was thinking too... these are going to be a LOT easier on bandwidth so they should load nearly instantly once I get around to shrinking them down a bit.

In regards to your colors for your temperatures, the only way I can think of to accomplish what you are saying would be to have separate elements defined for each temperature that don't show when they aren't relevant? Hoping maybe you've got a more elegant way of accomplishing that because I've got some ideas for that on some other things I'm working on!

Posted on
Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:48 pm
durosity offline

Dewster35”] I'm the worst color choice designer in the world I've picked up a color pallet of typical metro styling and would like to incorporate it somehow, not quite sure how yet [/quote]

Indeed colour selection is difficult.. to be honest whenever i do anything colour based i tend to just work it by trial and error. I’d create some images and a dummy control page, then move them about until the pattern looked right.

[quote="Dewster35 wrote:
I was thinking too... these are going to be a LOT easier on bandwidth so they should load nearly instantly once I get around to shrinking them down a bit.

Indeed.. although with most upstream speeds these days it’s becoming less and less of an issue of size vs convenience

Dewster35 wrote:
In regards to your colors for your temperatures, the only way I can think of to accomplish what you are saying would be to have separate elements defined for each temperature that don't show when they aren't relevant? Hoping maybe you've got a more elegant way of accomplishing that because I've got some ideas for that on some other things I'm working on!

As far as i’m aware that’s the only way of doing it. I’ve currently got a control page i’m working on for some Z-Wave TRVs which i’m hoping to install on every radiator in my new house.. so i’ve created a test control page which has each room listed on a blue background, then on top the current temp, the desired temp and the up/down buttons. The background images are just variables with a naming scheme of bg_thermostat+.png bg_thermostat+5.png bg_thermostat+6.png etc.. each image getting progressively more red. In theory it’ll mean at a glance i’ll be able to tell which rooms are warm and which ones are cold..

Computer says no.

Page 26 of 68 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 68