Pete's R&D Build Thread

Posted on
Sun May 14, 2017 12:14 pm
jalves offline

Re: Pete's R&D Build Thread

Is it the dish that's part of the broadband by RF connection? Or the horizontally polarized yagi?

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun May 14, 2017 1:00 pm
petematheson offline

lol it's the dish. They're beaming it from over 10+ km away.
I'm not holding out much hope but they've offered zero cost if they can't get it working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:54 am
noel1983 offline

durosity wrote:
There was this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ing-remote but it's seem there's been a lot of delays.. As somewhat expected with these projects

Just took a look at this and theyve finally started shipping as of August 17th 2017 I think it was. May be worth a look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:56 am
durosity offline

I might, although I’ve already bought Logitech’s harmony elites for the house so they’ve probably missed the boat on me buying anything from them!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:13 am
noel1983 offline

petematheson wrote:
Remote Control
After a lot of playing around, and actually using SimpleControl as THE remote control for our main living room for a few months now - It fails in one department, and that's unfortunate because it's so almost there. It failed in the grandparents coming over to babysit department, which is frustrating as it only happens once or twice here and there! The iPad is very useful - however it does have drawbacks.
Battery life is one. The best setting I found on the iPad was to switch the screen off after 2 minutes, however combine this with the SimpleControl setting of 'Default' for screen lock - it seems to stay awake until you manually switch the screen off.
After looking around a bit, it seems that I should be able to get the Logitech Harmony Elite remote for around £140 on Amazon if I bide my time. It was £140 on amazon prime day - VERY annoyed that I didn't spot this as I would have snapped 2 up at that price!
So the plan is now to wait for the Harmony Elite to come up and switch over to using that. But for now we're sticking with the iPad and Simple Control.

Out of interest what have you set your skip ads button to do? Aside from the obvious !! Are you assuming xx number of ads at yy length?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:32 am
petematheson offline

Yeah exactly that, it just sent a fast forward command for say 3 minutes of TV.
We used to watch a specific TV show that had a tonne of ads in so we just timed it to exactly how long their ads were and it worked perfectly each time, and generally worked for most shows.

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:09 am
noel1983 offline

petematheson wrote:
Yeah exactly that, it just sent a fast forward command for say 3 minutes of TV.
We used to watch a specific TV show that had a tonne of ads in so we just timed it to exactly how long their ads were and it worked perfectly each time, and generally worked for most shows.

Cheers and thanks for this thread, just read through all 30 pages on Tapatalk whilst on holiday and I'm now enthused for next bunch of HA projects :)

Raspberry pi ordered for some presence detection and some led strips are next on the list!

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:11 am
petematheson offline

You're welcome! I've been lazy and haven't updated it in a while. Might give it a try the next time I get 30 mins to myself!

I'm now using Life360 and Fingscan for double confirmation of the house being occupied vs not. Has worked pretty well for the last 6 months or so.

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:53 pm
petematheson offline

Pete's R&D Build Thread

Haven’t updated this in years but here’s some recent additions.

Still waiting on Vesternet to ship some plugs, more Wallmotes, flood sensors, Aeotec LED strips and also talking to them about trying out their new range of combined outside light/motion sensor z-wave products as there Is no real world feedback on these anywhere online at the moment!

I’ve replaced all my Cisco Meraki access points with Ubiquiti UniFi AC Pro APs and am finding their performance massively better than Meraki.

Now I’ve bought all the kit to replace the networking, routing and trying out their CCTV range too.
I’m running cable around my house tomorrow to rip out all of the previous owners Coax running around the building and replacing it with Ethernet, running up to the loft space. Should be fun!

Here’s the first Vesternet delivery, everything has been hooked up, just need to play with the Indigo settings now.

Lastly I’ve upgraded the biggest gadget I’ll ever own in my life and got it wrapped. Just a shame the Indigo Tesla plugin only half works and is no longer in development. Anybody want to pick that one up? Happily pay a small fee to someone!

All of this and I’m still running on 8Mb down and 0.5Mb up broadband

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:08 pm
noel1983 offline

Wow that wrap is AWESOME!! Would love to see more pics of that!! Good to see an update :)

Happy installing!!

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:11 pm
howartp offline

petematheson wrote:
Anybody want to pick that one up? Happily pay a small fee to someone!

Pick up your car? Gladly....

Seriously, I'm happy to take a look at the plugin and see what it does/doesn't/could do - would you be happy sharing your access details by PM? - obviously I won't "summon" the car to come to me, unless I get bored...

Peter

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:53 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Seriously, I'm happy to take a look at the plugin and see what it does/doesn't/could do - would you be happy sharing your access details by PM? - obviously I won't "summon" the car to come to me, unless I get bored...

When you get really bored, let's try summoning it to me in the U.S. Would love to see the reaction the car has! (But not Pete's reaction... at least you are the only one within easy striking distance...)

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:06 am
howartp offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

When you get really bored, let's try summoning it to me in the U.S. Would love to see the reaction the car has! (But not Pete's reaction... at least you are the only one within easy striking distance...)

It’s already got wings so it shouldn’t be too hard to get to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 am
durosity offline

That's actually an interesting thought.. not now but when they do actually start self driving border control and such could be an interesting situation... or indeed tolls where they don't have some kinda automatic payment system in place (like the stupid Tyne tunnel here. They don't even take payment by card or contactless!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:45 am
DaveL17 offline

I'll be interested to hear your experience with the G3 camera and how you get it to work with Indigo. I'm curious whether the latest generation requires the Unifi NVR in order to work or if you can access the camera directly.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]