A day in the life...

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:08 pm
dnomode offline

Re: A day in the life...

Some very cool ideas here from everyone :D . Thanks

I see now how to speak the time, however I'd like to know how are you guys speaking the weather.

Would someone please post their script or give me some examples.

Thanks
Edmond

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:15 pm
DaveL17 offline

Take a look at the WUnderground Plugin forum. I have a sample script there.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:35 pm
dnomode offline

Awesome, thanks Dave

Posted on
Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:33 pm
dz1rfj offline

Forgot I had my Mimo lite still paired with Vera. I hooked up the device to Indigo, with no optional plug in 8) , and configured it to:

bypass day or evening message (activates different speakers, and at different volume levels during times of day) and plays an immediate message when the doorbell is activated, then restores the volume to the previous level.

Thanks to all who have been so helpfull in the airfoil, and apple scripting assistance this week!

Awesome progress, and love the new platform!
Attachments
doorbell.jpg
doorbell.jpg (78.5 KiB) Viewed 7376 times
doorbell.png
doorbell.png (16.06 KiB) Viewed 7380 times

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:59 pm
howartp offline

"Pardon the interruption" ! :-)

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:53 am
durosity offline

howartp wrote:
"Pardon the interruption" ! :-)

Who around here has the poshest accent? We need them to record various messages like "Excuse me sir, there is a visitor for you at the front door" and "The post has arrived", etc. It can be bundled with Indigo 7 as a must have feature :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:13 am
DaveL17 offline

The Ivona libraries may have just what you're looking for!

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:24 am
durosity offline

DaveL17 wrote:

Pretty cool, but they count Welsh as a language. That’s an immediate no from me. ;) Plus it still sounds computer generated.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:34 am
howartp offline

durosity wrote:
DaveL17 wrote:

Pretty cool, but they count Welsh as a language. That’s an immediate no from me.

Says you who doesn't speak anything, let alone a language.

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:42 am
durosity offline

I speak Klingon! Well.. A word or two. Still more valid as a language than Welsh!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:56 pm
dz1rfj offline

Wait! Is Ivona, British Amy available for us to use ? :o :o

I loved Ivona Brisiths Amy on Vera. Can these be installed on Mac ?

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:58 pm
dz1rfj offline

Another question, is there a character than can act as a pause, perhaps a comma, but not spoken as a comma in the sentence ?

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:23 pm
DaveL17 offline

dz1rfj wrote:
Wait! Is Ivona, British Amy available for us to use ? :o :o

I loved Ivona Brisiths Amy on Vera. Can these be installed on Mac ?

Check this thread:
http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=14932&p=105240&hilit=ivona#p105240

:D

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:42 pm
noel1983 offline

Not sure my day in the life is quite worthy but may be of use to some...

I wake up via conventional iPhone or alexa alarm clock at 6.15 and think I wish I’d sorted alarm clocks into indigo.

I pick up my iPhone X from my qi wireless charging pad, check the battery level and swear at the realisation that yet again i’ve Nudged it a tiny touch the night before and its not charged. Think to myself ffs why haven’t I put a power measuring z wave socket on it to alert me if its not charging at the point I went to sleep.

Head downstairs to the bathroom, motion activated lights put the lights on full and I ask alexa to play radio 1, again I think to myself that as good as voice is I do miss my physical buttons to instantly play the sequence of things I want and used to have with airplay, news, weather then radio. Think to myself I must look more into sonos one with built in alexa maybe.

Not much automation happens during the day apart from when the tumble dryer is on (we always put it on for 80 minutes) time remaining shows on an indigo control page and a pushover notification is sent when its finished.

Whilst at desk lightwave rf wireless buttons give quick access to play radio 1 on desk based sonos unit.

At sunset landing lamp auto turns on

In the evening when we head into the lounge and turn the lamps on then the digital photo frame turns on automatically.

Use alexa or Logitech smart remote to dim the lamps if we’re watching a film to stop reflections in the tv screen.

Get frustrated at trying to decide what to watch across different sources i.e. sky, Netflix, amazon etc. (Suggested solutions welcomed)

Browse the indigo forums for ideas on what to automate next!!

When its upstairs time we use the Logitech harmony smart remote to turn off the tv. Bedside lights auto turn on as if its after 9.30 pm and we turn the tv off then it must be bedtime

Brush teeth etc (motion activated lights in the bathrooms) then head to bed.

When its sleep time press a lightwave RF wireless bedside button (either side of the bed they’re on both), turns off both bedside lights, turns off landing lamp and puts house into sleep mode.

During the night...any motion on our landing turns on the landing lamp to light the way to the bathroom.

Motion in bathrooms at night turns on the lights dimmed right down.

That’s the extent of our automations so far, not much compared to many but I take huge inspiration from these threads so hopefully this will give back a little bit.

Key things coming soon:

ibeacons have just arrived so will be used as enhanced presence detection in the bathrooms (we have teenage boys with iPhones that spend a LONG time in there!) this will prevent the lights going out on them when detecting no motion. I may also use it to implement spoken alerts, **Josh...have you fallen in you’ve been in there for 45 minutes** etc

More motion sensors have just arrived so hall lights will now be motion activated as well as with a door sensor on the front door to turn on when entering.

Kitchen lights to also potentially be automated although with two circuits therefore two fibaro dimmers it makes it a bit pricey!

Finally am hoping to put a zwave lock plate on the front door for a very discreet lock automation with zero change to locking mechanism.

More ideas and days in the life eagerly appreciated :)

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:07 pm
Guest offline

This is great! Thanks for some inspiration to a new user. Question: Do you control what you're watching on TV with your Indigo app? Sorry - very new to this...