A day in the life...

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:53 pm
noel1983 offline

Re: A day in the life...

Personally no I don’t, others have replicated their tv remotes into indigo but tbh I prefer using the Logitech remote than a touchscreen device.

We use Alexa to turn on tv which works great but not gone further than that.

Have also read of people having some success with Alexa and Plex too

Great re inspiration. That’s one of the reasons I love this topic so much :)

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:00 am
noel1983 offline

noel1983 wrote:
Not sure my day in the life is quite worthy
Key things coming soon:

More motion sensors have just arrived so hall lights will now be motion activated as well as with a door sensor on the front door to turn on when entering.

Kitchen lights to also potentially be automated although with two circuits therefore two fibaro dimmers it makes it a bit pricey!

Finally am hoping to put a zwave lock plate on the front door for a very discreet lock automation with zero change to locking mechanism.

More ideas and days in the life eagerly appreciated :)

Update:

Hall lights automated with motion sensor and front door sensor, poor performing light sensors in neo coolcam motion detectors mean I’m just triggering after sunset but works well.

Kitchen lights automated with a fibaro relay switch 2. Two circuits in one small unit after I found I have neutral to the light switches :)

Now when I return home indigo detects and knows it’s me and unlatched the front door for me leaving me able to simply turn the handle and walk in. No longer needing two hands to turn the key and the handle. Ten minutes later the door auto locks.

If we want to put the door on the latch we have a momentary switch by the door that ‘latches’ it open. A green led indicates this status when the door is open and push notifications are sent if the door is unlocked and none of the family are at home.

Push notifications are also sent to tell the kids when it’s time to bring phones downstairs before bed

Alexa controlled led strips cheap wifi led controller :) in place in the boys bedrooms configured to turn on at wake up time

:)

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:28 am
howartp offline

noel1983 wrote:
noel1983 wrote:

If we want to put the door on the latch we have a momentary switch by the door that ‘latches’ it open. A green led indicates this status when the door is open and push notifications are sent if the door is unlocked and none of the family are at home.

To clarify (or to suggest...) - does the latch switch actually work if nobody is home?

You imply it unlocks the door, then texts you to tell you it’s just let the burglars in?

Probably better to NOT work if nobody home, but still text you about burglars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:47 am
noel1983 offline

howartp wrote:
noel1983 wrote:
noel1983 wrote:

To clarify (or to suggest...) - does the latch switch actually work if nobody is home?

You imply it unlocks the door, then texts you to tell you it’s just let the burglars in?

Probably better to NOT work if nobody home, but still text you about burglars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol good point what I meant to say is that if someone puts it into the latch from the inside of the house and then we all leave the house then it alerts us :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 am
jltnol offline

Nice topic!

Just counted... almost 90 "devices", but that includes a group of AirFoil speakers, some LED colors, so really not as many as it sounds..

I don't have much "scheduled"... mainly weekday 'wake up' routines... temp/ music/ lights

Past that, some triggers..

outside temp determines AC or Heat
location->Arrive Home day/night. Leave home day/night
entertainment->Main receiver turns separate amp on/off for subs, turns off certain devices when AirFoil disconnects them
alarm->in case of intruder, indigo notifies me faster than the alarm company does
Locks->different lock codes trigger different things by code and notifies me of which code has been used
Insteon KPL's-. tons of KPL triggers including volume + volume- for certain rooms

Action Groups- mainly work with triggers...

Groups for Alarm triggers including PANIC mode
groups for a bunch of entertainment triggers
groups for Hue and Lifx lights
groups for starting and stopping movie watching (mainly lights)

In the big picture, it doesn't seem like that much, but I'm just so used to the convenience of it all, it'd be hard to just turn it all off....