Hayward AquaConnect

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:38 am
EddieJ offline

Hayward AquaConnect

Just installed a new saltwater pool. The pump, heater, filter are all controlled by a Hayward Goldline Prologic control center (http://www.hayward-pool.com/shop/en/poo ... c-i-prolog). I added the AquaConnect network gateway (http://www.hayward-pool.com/shop/en/poo ... i-peaqconn), which allows the Goldline to access the home wifi and the hayward acquaconnect internet site. While this does provide the ability to control the pool from and iPhone app as well as a browser, I'd like to have Indigo manage the pool. Is there a plugin that uses the existing API from Hayward without running a serial connection through the house, out the window, down the wall, across the yard, ... over the river and through the woods, etc?
Thanks!
Eddie

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:19 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Hayward AquaConnect

There are no 3rd party plugins that we know about for this pool controller much less anything that would alleviate the need for serial wires. Having said that, it would be nice to get more pool control integrated into Indigo if someone wanted to tackle this.

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to correct forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:53 am
bmilesfl offline

I would love to see a 3rd party plug-in for this also. Existing pool automation technologies, at least as far as I've been able to research, are lacking. The ability to turn on/off pool features, including lights based on timers & triggers seem right up Indigo's alley.

Posted on
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:31 am
dclonts offline

So if you're still interested, I now have this set up in python. fairly complete, but somewhat set up for my system.

set up for the ProLogic PS-PL16-V through aqua connect. I think they have a newer system out--mine is the old serial. (about 8 years old)

David Clonts

Posted on
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:59 pm
jltnol offline

Not sure this is relevant, but this company http://autelis.com makes a serial to IP device and there is already a plugin for Indigo. Sadly, they have stopped production due to Covid, and I don't know if they will ever come back. I installed a Pentair Pool Control earlier this year, and after that was done, only then found out that Autelis wasn't manufacturing any more. No luck on eBay either. I've got my fingers crossed that Autelis will resume production soon.

Posted on
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:04 pm
welchgregusa offline

(breathing new life into this post)

FWIW, I just (and I mean just now) got Hayward ProLogic button pressing (and releasing) working using the AQ-CO-SERIAL, Hayward's "Home Automation Interface Module." I am using a Gridconnect NET232+ serial-ethernet adapter. I am now able to control lights, heater, filter, ... anything that involves pressing a button on the main controller. I have Action Groups, virtual devices, etc. Works great. I am getting data back but have not felt a burning need to parse it, etc. just yet.

Re. the long serial cable, my current plan is to put the AQ-CO-SERIAL and NET232+ in a nearby closet where I have an Ethernet switch, and then run RS485 cable through the attic and down to the controller. I could put the two devices outside by the pool controller, and run Ethernet cable as opposed to RS482 cable, but that has its own complications. Right now it's working w/ 100' of RS485 cable on a spool. I won't need all of that to run the distance, so...fingers crossed...

Note that there are serial to wifi devices, including some by Gridconnect

https://www.gridconnect.com/collections/wireless-serial

but I can't speak for them. I am satisfied w/ the NET232+ --- it was relatively simple to set up, didn't require a PC (web based), etc. I little quirky but it works.

Oh, and I have a Zooz A/D unit sensing the lights and pump relays in the controller (they are unused in my case, and serve as great dry contacts), so that I actually know the state of the lights and pump, as opposed to simply toggling while having to look/watch. It's a bummer that the Zooz unit seems to lose contact somewhat routinely (it is outdoors...), just when it's needed. I have tried a z-wave repeater but no help. It could be the unit---I have another I can swap out some day.

I could share more some time if someone really wants it.

Page 1 of 1