Alexa Audio Integration

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:02 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: Alexa Audio Integration

jay (support) wrote:
And, BTW, even this much used to not work back when I was messing with it last year so they've made some improvements to the bluetooth capabilities in the past year through firmware upgrades.
[/quote]

^ This was a joke man.

Do you have sound flower installed for capturing system audio out?

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:00 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Dewster35 wrote:
jay (support) wrote:
And, BTW, even this much used to not work back when I was messing with it last year so they've made some improvements to the bluetooth capabilities in the past year through firmware upgrades.

^ This was a joke man.

Just wanted to make sure that anyone reading this thread for the first time from the start understood the chronology.

Dewster35 wrote:
Do you have sound flower installed for capturing system audio out?

I used to, when it was included with Airfoil. Haven't used it since they removed it from the Airfoil install.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 pm
akimball offline

Excited to here about this capability... 16 total dots throughout the house. Can you say something like "Set the volume to 8 everywhere"? Otherwise, it's every dot at it's usual volume right?

I'm still deciding how to hack the dot's speaker jack in my master bedroom because when the stereo receiver isn't on with the right audio channel selected, that dot won't be heard.

-Al

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 pm
Dewster35 offline

Either that group command isn’t available or I’m not using the proper syntax to invoke it. Couldn’t you just split the audio out to a cheap computer speaker?

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
akimball offline

Thanks. And yes, I could split out the audio to a cheap computer speaker but I'm thinking of popping open a dot and bringing the audio out directly before it gets to the jack's switch... and so when the external speaker's aren't powered I still have the build in dot speaker. To take care of impedance issues I may perhaps require a buffering low noise audio op-amp which I can run with stolen 3.3V from inside the dot.

-Al

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:45 am
norcoscia offline

I think you could open it up and swap out the connector pin contact for a relay controlled by Indigo - that way you avoid any issues with impedance mismatch since only one thing would be connected at a time, just like the connection from the jack opens and closes as the audio jack is inserted or removed.

I like where you are going with this - I'm knee deep in dots also!

_______
Norm