Craftmade fans remote control?

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:08 pm
dlleon offline

Craftmade fans remote control?

Is there an add on that will allow Indigo to control a craftmade fan via the fan's remote control interface? The fan has a control for a light and a six speed fan control and direction. The fan-link seemed to interfere with the fan's operation, so that was a bust. (The fan only had one wire for power, light and fan).

So can the remote codes be hacked? Or is there a USB device than can use the remote's RF to control the fan?

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:27 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Craftmade fans remote control?

You could get an iTach device to both learn and then repeat any commands you want back to the fan. I use iTachs all over my house for all sorts of various IR stuff and those paired with Perry's "Cynical Cache" plugin works well in Indigo.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:27 pm
dlleon offline

Re: Craftmade fans remote control?

It looks like the iTach devices are IR, not RF. The fan remote is RF. I was thinking of something like a gethook.io or RFX device.

Page 1 of 1