Can Indigo communicate with SimpliSafe?

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:01 pm
eepmatt2 offline

Can Indigo communicate with SimpliSafe?

I tried posting this in the Hardware section, but for some reason I don't have permission to post there.

I was wondering if Indigo has any way of dealing with Frontpoint, Fortress, or SimpliSafe security systems?

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Can Indigo communicate with SimpliSafe?

The Supported Hardware forums are curated - only hardware that's supported by Indigo is there. This is the correct forum to post inquiries and requests in.

I've not heard of those products before and I've not heard of any users trying to connect them to Indigo.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:04 pm
eepmatt2 offline

Two of the systems- Frontpoint and Livewatch, have Z-Wave controllers built into the panels. They are both wireless home security systems that are sold on a national level, and they also provide monitoring services for a lot less that ADT and that ilk.

If the panel can control Z-Wave devices, does that mean Indigo could theoretically communicate with the panel?

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:54 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, no. Z-Wave needs to have one (and only one) primary controller. Indigo needs to be the primary controller. Unfortunately, the majority of security panels that implement Z-Wave also require that they are the primary. That's not to say with some significant trickery you might be able to make it work, but it's not a supported configuration.

The better approach would be to see if it has an API that would allow an Indigo plugin to integrate with the security aspects (a la the DSC panels, etc). That would leave Indigo in charge of automation, the panel in charge of security, but Indigo would be able to integrate the two.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't believe so. There are several plugins folks have written for specific alarm panels. The DSC panels and plugin are popular.

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:59 pm
irongeekjon offline

I also have a SimpliSafe alarm system. I wanted to integrate it with Indigo, so I wrote a simple plugin for it.

It is not very robust (and still BETA), but you can give it a try.

The source and plugin are available here:
https://github.com/IronGeekJon/indigo_SimpliSafe

Jon

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Awesome – thanks for sharing!

You should make a post on this sub-forum announcing it, or you can send us a request for your own sub-forum here.

Page 1 of 1