DSC PowerSeries Neo

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 pm
epalumbo offline

DSC PowerSeries Neo

Hello,
While the older PowerSeries panels are still available and quite popular, I would assume that at some point DSC is going to abandon it, leaving only the Neo in its place. I contacted DSC personally to see if they had any ways to integrate the system using traditional methods, and by mistake they thought I was a product manufacturer. Here's what they told me:
Thank you for your email. We do have options available to you for integration with home automation. If you are looking for access to z wave locks, lights etc you can utilize the alarm.com radio for the neo. If this requires more than z wave devices we do provide a service for integration with the neo IP and GSM communicators.

You would need to licence your product with us and we will provide the options for you. The protocol would be ITV2 and this would integrate with your automation product. If you need info on this, please send us your info and we can forward it to our product management team who would contact you.

I don't have the resources to do this, but Indigo (and maybe a determined third party developer) would. Not sure what goes into the registration process, but at least they seem to be open about it. Plus there's only like 2 integration partners listed on their site (with 2 more buttons empty right under them) so maybe it would be a good thing to have the Indigo name on.
Just my thoughts. Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:29 pm
epalumbo offline

Re: DSC PowerSeries Neo

I received some additional info from the techs at DSC:
Besides alarm.com we also have the 3G2080R radio that has an RS-422 connection that can be used to integrate with third party devices. You would have to check with the manufacture of the device to confirm compatibility.

Well, RS-422 is something we're familiar with. Not sure if that would help or be easier to integrate. I know I would prefer pulling data off a LAN but if this was the only option I'd go with it.

Posted on
Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 am
durosity offline

Did they provide any documentation for their RS-422 connection? If so our beloved plugin developer Travis might be convinced to add it to his plugin! (Top tip developers respond well to bribery. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:16 pm
epalumbo offline

I'm afraid not, but I'll probe and see if I can get any more info from them about it. i can't find any documentation in general circulation but one never knows.

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:29 pm
pbaperez offline

Did you guys ever get this working?

I picked up one of the Neo Alarm Communicator with the 3g and LAN interface and the EVL-4CG Internet Control module as well as the IT-230 RS-422 connector. Do any of these talk to Indigo?

Know if I can install both?

Thanks,
Paul

Page 1 of 1