Amazon Echo->Wink Hub and Indigo

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:26 pm
Krikee offline

Amazon Echo->Wink Hub and Indigo

Hello,

Today I received an announcement from Amazon indicating they now support integration with the Wink hub via their voice interface. I know that Indigo does not support hubs directly but was wondering if there might be some way to build a bridge type of plugin (similar to what the vera has) that would allow users to integrate voice control of their Z-wave network via the Amazon Echo->wink->indigo. I'm tossing this out there in case it might jog someone's creativity. I have no programing experience at all so would be a poor fit to develop something like this. Is it even possible?

here is the link to the announcement.
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/custome ... _143053280

Page 1 of 1