Smappee - Electrical Signatures

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 am
autolog offline

Re: Smappee - Electrical Signatures

AndyVirus wrote:
OK so been seeing what i can pull back from the API using curl and using oath. ...

I got my Smappee on Friday (shipped from Belgium) and finally got it installed this afternoon. I had a lot of problems trying to get it to access my wi-fi - it turns out AFAIK that it doesn't like special characters in passwords. Once I had figured this out it was all plain sailing. :)

It is now providing readings for consumption and SolarPV. For the first time I can actually see what I am using even when the Solar PV is generating above what I am using.

I am now trying to access the data using the API. It would be helpful to me if you could post or pm me an example of the curl commands you used to get the data (obviously without your ids and passwords/secrets :wink: ).

Posted on
Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:43 pm
AndyVirus offline

Sent you a PM with the curl commands i used.

Posted on
Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:43 am
tonysantos offline

I too just got my Smappee and sytarting the process of acessing data thru the API's.

Would be very interested on the curl commands that you used to get the data, if you could share that with me.

Posted on
Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:26 am
AndyVirus offline

I will reply with the curl commands i used shortly, sorry just seen this.

On another note for autolog (or anyone really) see the pic in the first few posts? The one of the socket... Are these just HomeEasy sockets??? http://www.homeeasy.eu/RemoteControl3PackSocketKit/HE830s/192/Product/897/

If so i am sure RFXtrx supports these but i could be wrong...

Posted on
Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:40 am
autolog offline

AndyVirus wrote:
... On another note for autolog (or anyone really) see the pic in the first few posts? The one of the socket... Are these just HomeEasy sockets??? ...

Well that is interesting :!:
I have just taken a look at the pic in the first few posts and realised that my Smappee plug isn't the same design. Mine has a label on it saying DI.O by Chacon Ref .54584 433.92Mhz Model LYCR-3000.

Looks like they are shipping different sockets but maybe working to the same standard?

Posted on
Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:57 am
colinpartridge offline

Received a Smappee unit a couple of days ago, still not sure what to make of it, the overall accuracy seems to be pretty good, tracking my North q pulse counter within a couple of hundred watts per day. The socket was recognised by rfxcom plugin and I could add as a device. I haven't tried adding a home-easy type socket to the Smappee yet.

Colin

Posted on
Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:31 am
waveuk offline

I am quite interested on this to help me to see the status of lightwaverf lights. I have seen Smappee supports IFTTT, what is your experience with the triggers. I was thinking to use emails to update status. Not great but I can live with a couple of minutes delays.

Posted on
Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:28 am
waveuk offline

I have decided to give a try and got one from the apple store. It is recognising the appliances and some lights but not yet the led ones. I have requested client_id & client_secret to try the api so probably I will ask some of your help.

I will update my experiences.

Posted on
Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:22 am
Vangelis offline

Was all the device recognition done through autonomous sensing, or did you have to 'train' the unit to recognise anything?

Vangelis

Posted on
Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:31 am
autolog offline

I have let my Smappee mainly do automatic sensing. I find that it often gets confused as to what device is what (e.g. confusing the Airfryer and the Microwave - saying the Airfryer has come on and then the Microwave has gone off). Some devices it is rock solid on - the shower pump, roller garage door, kettle etc. So I am not sure that it is guaranteed that it will always identify the correct device even if you "train" it. :)

Posted on
Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:44 am
waveuk offline

Same than autolog but overall quite accurate. So far has detected the high voltage appliances, boiler and some lights. I think it will struggle to detect low voltage like led lights specially is there are many with same consumption. In any case is very good and much better than a whole house meeter.

Posted on
Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:47 pm
AndyVirus offline

Subject: Smappee - Electrical Signatures

tonysantos wrote:
I too just got my Smappee and sytarting the process of acessing data thru the API's.

Would be very interested on the curl commands that you used to get the data, if you could share that with me.

Ok I have finally pulled my finger out and here is what i did to curl some info out :-)

curl -X POST -d "client_id=MyAPIUsername&client_secret=MyClientSecret&grant_type=password&username=MyAppUsername&password=MyAppPasword" https://app1pub.smappee.net/dev/v1/oauth2/token

Which gave me my access token and my refresh token.

I then used my access token to get my serviceLocationID and Name:

curl --header "Authorization: Bearer MyAccessToken" https://app1pub.smappee.net/dev/v1/servicelocation/

I then requested info on all my appliances:

curl --header "Authorization: Bearer MyAccessToken" https://app1pub.smappee.net/dev/v1/serv ... ionID/info

Request consumption info (Time in Epoch milliseconds, applianceID being the appliance you want to report on, maxNumber being the max number of records to return):

curl --header "Authorization: Bearer MyAccessToken" "https://app1pub.smappee.net/dev/v1/servicelocation/MyServiceLocationID/consmption?aggregation=5&from=1305530000000&to=1405544940000"

Request event info:

curl --header "Authorization: Bearer MyAccessToken" "https://app1pub.smappee.net/dev/v1/servicelocation/MyServiceLocationID/events?applianceId=2&maxNumber=10&from=1405530000000&to=1405544940000"

API Guide found here: https://smappee.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... PI+Methods
epoch converter: http://www.epochconverter.com

MyAPIUsername, MyClientSecret, MyAppPasword, MyAccessToken, MyServiceLocationID are YOUR details/variables. The From and To numbers in the last 2 examples are time in epoch.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by AndyVirus on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:53 pm
waveuk offline

Maybe a bit out of topic but what is the always on level you get? I am on 144 with the 2007 Mac Mimi. Not sure what else is the other 100

Posted on
Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:03 pm
autolog offline

Always on about 180 which is the total for the house (load being measured) e.g. Fridge, freezer, Central Heating, telephones (dect chargers), burglar alarm, UPS(s), Mac Mini, etc etc - Some of the devices will always be using some power e.g. the central heating boiler even if it isn't heating the home :)

Posted on
Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:08 pm
AndyVirus offline

My always on is about 170 but then i have 2 Mac Mini's, Apple TV, Various TV's in standby, Fridge's, Freezer, other appliances with clocks, clocks, Alarm... Also all the dimmers and and hardwired wave/lightwaveRF devices will have some draw as will the few 1A resistors to stop the LED lights flickering when off/dimmed to 0.