Feature Request: LIFX Integration (LIFX API Just Released)

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:05 pm
DU Lou offline

Feature Request: LIFX Integration (LIFX API Just Released)

LIFX just announced the release of their API which can be found at https://github.com/lifx

Quoted from http://blog.lifx.co
Hi Developers,

After much anticipation and many sleepless nights, we are excited to announce the release of the official LIFX API.

You can come grab the API here on Github - https://github.com/lifx

With multiple SDKs for your platform of choice, let the LIFX API look after the heavy lifting whilst you focus on building innovative features that enhance your everyday life with LIFX.

Experiment with colour and lighting sequences
Control individual, groups or all your LIFX bulbs at once
Integrate your LIFX with online services, automation systems or third-party protocols
Get started with platform support for iOS, Android and Ruby
The LIFX API includes some real-world examples such as:

Turn off all lights
Turn on the light named “Hallway”
Turn on all lights that are tagged “Kitchen”
Set every light to a random colour
Change the colour of a light based on the build status of a project on Travis
Turns a light off after X seconds of it being detected turned on
Use divide-and-conquer search algorithm to identify a light visually
We’ve been overwhelmed by the amazing ideas that have been suggested by our community and we are excited to now provide an open platform for these ideas to come to life.

Enjoy and Git started!

Is there anyone able and willing to integrate with Indigo? I would be willing to donate to the cause.

Matt/Jay,
I know there is another section "Help wanted and bounties" but I wasn't exactly sure the most appropriate place for this post.

Thanks,
~Lou

Posted on
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:32 pm
Indy_Larry offline

Re: Feature Request: LIFX Integration (LIFX API Just Releas

Hi Lou,
I was just pulled down the zip file to look at it. I'd also pitch in on a donation to get these integrated in to Indigo.

Posted on
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

DU Lou wrote:
I know there is another section "Help wanted and bounties" but I wasn't exactly sure the most appropriate place for this post.

Actually, the Hardware Support Inquiries and Requests forum, which is a subform in Feature Requests, is the appropriate spot for this request (I've moved it).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:08 pm
DU Lou offline

jay (support) wrote:
DU Lou wrote:

Actually, the Hardware Support Inquiries and Requests forum, which is a subform in Feature Requests, is the appropriate spot for this request (I've moved it).

Thanks for getting the post in the right spot Jay!

Posted on
Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:44 am
manwithavan offline

+1 Can't wait till someone with greater geek credentials than mine makes LIFX talk to indigo!

Posted on
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:17 pm
TheTechnoPilot offline

I also +1 this request for a LIFX plugin! It seems like a great more open alternative to the Philips Hue that does not require a base station.

Android's Tasker, to a person who does home automation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Posted on
Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:50 am
autolog offline

TheTechnoPilot wrote:
I also +1 this request for a LIFX plugin! It seems like a great more open alternative to the Philips Hue that does not require a base station.

I have released a LIFX Controller plugin that is available as an alpha test version (see link in my signature) :)

Posted on
Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Oops!!

I'd recommend updating your LIFX bulb firmware sooner rather than later. It's one thing to lose control of your lights, but an entirely different problem to have your WiFi network passwords stolen...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:21 pm
Indy_Larry offline

jay (support) wrote:
Oops!!

I'd recommend updating your LIFX bulb firmware sooner rather than later. It's one thing to lose control of your lights, but an entirely different problem to have your WiFi network passwords stolen...

Thanks Jay, I just grabbed version 1.3

Larry

Insteon, Z Wave, Hue, Sonos

Page 1 of 1