Logitech Harmony Ultimate Hub connecting to Indigo?

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:36 pm
Turribeach offline

Re: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Hub connecting to Indigo?

colinpartridge wrote:
The reason I use the Harmony Smart hub is the physical remote. it means that anyone can use any of the AV systems in the house with exactly the same remote, even if the equipment is different, . The only time I ever use the harmony app is to add or change a oiece of equipment. The price at the moment is very good.
Colin

I get you but if you had an Indigo control page to do the same you can:

- Have the same interface for all or different interfaces for people with different needs (kids can have a grid with kids channels only, etc).
- Leverage existing smart phones/tablets to have more than one "physical remote" without having to spend more money.
- Or equally you can buy a second hand iPad/iPod Touch and dedicate it as a remote control.

I love the fact that I don't need to be looking for the remote control any more. My iPhone is usually in my pocket or if I don't know where it is I can ring it. Can't ring a remote control... :mrgreen:

Posted on
Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:54 am
durosity offline

I don't use a harmony hub, but i do use an older 880 model remote and i imagine the way i've got things setup would work with current remote. I have a mix of both that plus a Pioneer AV receiver and a global cache iTach IR unit. The way mine works is any change to source on the AV receiver has a trigger, which runs a mini python script depending on the input. This then sends the revelent IR commands to the devices that need to be turned on or off. I made sure that the harmony was using discrete codes for everything, so if i use it to turn on the AppleTV it'll send the commands to the TV, the AV receiver and the AppleTV.. Indigo will then repeat these commands a moment later but it doesn't matter as the discrete codes won't cause it to toggle anything off again (well except my TV that doesn't support discrete, but i've got a seperate way of dealing with that). I've also got action groups on control pages to switch sources, which then in turn runs the triggers that turns on/off devices accordingly. The only issues i ever have are if you change source using the control page this won't update automatically on the Harmony, so you have to change activity on that.. and occasionally just due to the timing between the harmony sending the on signal to the AV receiver and it sending the appropriate source the AV receiver might not get that command.. so the AV receiver might just boot back up to AppleTV when i wanted the Sky source. But then that'd happen regardless of using indigo or not.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:30 pm
Juggler offline

Cross post here, but someone else in the forum pointed this little extender out: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/h ... b-extender

Would this be a possible way to integrate Indigo with the Harmony Hub?