Indigo Server Error

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:29 am
DrLove offline

Re: Indigo Server Error

Good news!

Crash again at 14:05 w/o OWS running.

I don't use email scanning but I do use sending of emails.
I have 1 schedule running every day at 14.00 that sends email if one of my battery powered devices is below 20%, the crash is usually at 14.05 so I did not suspect that to be the problem.

I did run the schedule manually yesterday => crash a few minutes later and again today => crash.

Then I did remember that my email provider had changed server settings about a week back, changed them in Indigo and it seems to work!!

The bug had to to w/ email SENDING w/ wrong email server settings, not email scanning. Good to know!

Best regards, L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:35 am
DaveL17 offline

That’s great news. Glad you were able to figure that out. Incorrect email settings shouldn’t crash the server, so it looks like there may still be a bug.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:48 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That is great news – thanks for posting the update.

Indigo's email scanning and sending library needs to be replaced. Overall it works, but it isn't nearly as robust as it should be and is common culprit when it comes to crashes in the Indigo Server. It is a 3rd party framework that is no longer updated. We've debugged into it and fixed a variety of issues, but it is pretty painful given: 1) it isn't our code, 2) it is dated, 3) it is buggy and fragile. We'll be replacing it as some point with a python based solution. In the mean time if folks experience problems we recommend looking at using FlyingDiver's very nice Better Email Plugin.