deleting a plugin for re-instalation

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:40 am
Professor Falken offline

deleting a plugin for re-instalation

I have a misbehaving plugin that is generating numerous repeating errors after an update. However, just going through the normal downgrade process (to a previously stable version) doesn't solve the problem-- I am still getting the errors.

I'd like to try deleting the plugin entirely, the starting over with a fresh install, either with the old stable one or maybe even try again with the new one. However, I have a bunch of created devices/triggers/schedules/CP items that I really would prefer not to have to recreate if possible.

If I disable, then delete a plug in (remove it from the folder in the Indigo library), what happens to all of its dependencies in the program? Are they still there but just broken. Are they "found" if I then reinstall the plugin. Or is all of this a bad idea and likely to just create more problems?

Thanks for the advice.

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:01 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: deleting a plugin for re-instalation

That should be fine. A disabled (or uninstalled) plugin will just disable all dependent devices and triggers in Indigo. If you then re-install and enable the plugin then the devices/triggers will be re-enabled.

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:20 am
Professor Falken offline

matt (support) wrote:
That should be fine. A disabled (or uninstalled) plugin will just disable all dependent devices and triggers in Indigo. If you then re-install and enable the plugin then the devices/triggers will be re-enabled.

OK I'll give that a shot today then. Thanks.

I seem to remember, though I can't find it on the forum at the moment, something about having to restart the server if a plugin is deleted. Am I remembering wrong or is there a correct order of operations for something like this?

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

A restart is needed to completely remove the plugin from the menu UI.

Page 1 of 1