"Failed to connect to Indigo Server" after 7.1 upgrade

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:44 pm
benish offline

"Failed to connect to Indigo Server" after 7.1 upgrade

I just updated to Indigo 7.1 and now none of my other clients (2 Macs and an iPhone) can connect. It tries for awhile and then gives me this error in a Server Connection Status window: "Failed to connect to Indigo Server. The Indigo Server is either unreachable over the network or is not running."

The client on the same computer that the server is on seems to work fine, but the other devices can't connect. All the macs are running 7.1.

Everything was working fine before the upgrade – I was using one of the client Macs this morning without issue. I double checked that the IP address of the server Mac hasn't changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:03 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: "Failed to connect to Indigo Server" after 7.1 upgrade

Sounds like the server's firewall might be blocking the connections. Try stopping the Indigo Server and quitting the client (on the main server Mac), then relaunch the client. If it prompts you to allow IndigoServer and/or Python access then approve of it. If that doesn't help then for troubleshooting temporarily turn the firewall totally off just to see if it is indeed the firewall blocking it.

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:41 pm
benish offline

Yep, it works if I turn off the firewall completely on the server machine. But when I go in to Firewall Options IndigoServer and Python are both set to Allow incoming connections:
Screen-Shot-2017-10-21-at-3.35.31-PM.jpg
Screen-Shot-2017-10-21-at-3.35.31-PM.jpg (224.77 KiB) Viewed 1196 times

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Stop the Indigo Server, Delete the IndigoServer and Python entries from the Firewall, Restart the Mac, then launch the Indigo Client on the server Mac. Are you prompted to allow any connections? Does it work?

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:30 pm
benish offline

No prompts to allow connections, but those entries automatically got re-added in the firewall with "Allow incoming connections", and it seems to be working now. Tested on one other Mac client and iPhone.

Thanks!

Scott

Page 1 of 1