Feature request

Posted on
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Feature request

lanbrown wrote:
I'm already going to solve the lack of built-in encryption (at least by not use Prism) via the web portion through a different way.

The reflector is secure - it uses SSL to our hosted reflector server and a secure ssh tunnel from there to your Indigo Server Mac - so the entire process is secured.

lanbrown wrote:
I have no idea how many people use a dedicated system but it appears quite a few do. With macOS Server being nothing more than an add-on for the past few releases, any plans on making Indigo more integrated? [SNIP]If macOS server was used, you could add a cert to the web server and then also have username and password authentication either via Open Directory (OD) or Microsoft AD. If you could even support groups then you could assign certain people only to have access to certain devices as well. I'm sure this would be large rewrite to Indigo though.

All of the things you mention can be done without macOS Server - just an FYI (you have to have a pretty decent understanding of how unix/macOS works to get it all configured).

We've had requests for multiple users (and groups) over the years, and it's on our feature request list. The priority is pretty low however.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:27 am
durosity offline

If multi-user support is important to you and you're using iOS you could try HomeBridgeBuddy for user interaction with indigo.. you can either use the minimal user control functionality that Apple has used with that to share out 'homes's to other users, or you can even go so far as to have multiple different homebridge's running that present the desired devices to each individual user, so with great ease you can change what a user has access to by just configuring their device within indigo.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:25 pm
roussell offline

Ah yes, the original IOS, have quite a few of those too! Nothing NX-OS at he house yet, although I did buy about 11 million in Nexus gear last year!!

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:08 am
roussell offline

True, not at list prices anyway, which nobody should be paying LOL. We have a new smaller data center and an even smaller networking team that wasn’t fond of the switch from Catalyst to Nexus. However, it was necessary step for a future ACI implementation as part of a larger IT department initiative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1