[SOLVED]Indigo Error in Fresh Indigo 7.03 Installation

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:07 am
BlaineM offline

[SOLVED]Indigo Error in Fresh Indigo 7.03 Installation

I'm receiving the following error from Berkinet's Phidgets plugin. According to Berkinet, this traces back to Indigo support code.

For background, this is on a fresh install of OSX Sierra, fresh install of Indigo 7.03 and a fresh install of the latest Phidgets plugin (0.6.7). Absolutely nothing else has been installed on the Mac.

Any suggestions on how to proceed are greatly appreciated.

--Blaine

Jul 5, 2017, 5:27:06 PM
Phidgets Plugin Error Error in plugin execution UiAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 1181, in readIfKitConfig
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Phidgets.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Phidgets/Devices/InterfaceKit.py", line 48, in __init__
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Phidgets.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Phidgets/PhidgetLibrary.py", line 22, in getDll
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 443, in LoadLibrary
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 365, in __init__
OSError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Phidget21.framework/Versions/Current/Phidget21, 6): image not found

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Error in Fresh Indigo 7.03 Installation

Sorry to bounce you around, but the stack trace doesn't indicate it's an Indigo problem. It looks to me like there's either something wrong with the Phidget shared library as indicated by this line:

OSError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Phidget21.framework/Versions/Current/Phidget21, 6): image not found

or that library doesn't exist on your system. Were you supposed to install something outside of just the Phidgets plugin?

BTW, the stacktrace starts in the plugin's code then jumps into the OS's Python interpreter - so Indigo is never involved in the call stack at all.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:07 am
BlaineM offline

jay (support) wrote:
Sorry to bounce you around, but the stack trace doesn't indicate it's an Indigo problem. It looks to me like there's either something wrong with the Phidget shared library as indicated by this line:

or that library doesn't exist on your system. Were you supposed to install something outside of just the Phidgets plugin?

BTW, the stacktrace starts in the plugin's code then jumps into the OS's Python interpreter - so Indigo is never involved in the call stack at all.

I've done multiple installs of Phidgets running on Indigo and this is the first time I've encountered this. Never had to install anything additional other than the Phidgets plugin. I'll see if Berkinet can weigh in on it.

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:23 pm
BlaineM offline

Apologies... ended up being user error. Phidgets released a newly versioned framework (2.2) when the Phidgets plugin requires 2.1. I've installed the older framework and all appears well.

--Blaine

Page 1 of 1