Is there any way to show the server password

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:15 am
johnpolasek offline

Is there any way to show the server password

When I installed 7, I created a moderately secure password by replacing some letters with numbers and mixing case. I then used then logged into my Iphone, Ipad, home and work computers and ordered them to remember the password so I wouldn't have to type it in... But then, when I got a cheap droid pad last week and tried to see how that was going to work as a dedicated control page server, I discovered that the substitution/mixed case password I THOUGHT I would remember wasn't the one I DID remember... :oops: If I have to, I can put in a new password and update all my devices, but it would be a whole lot simpler if there is some way to temporarily show the actual characters in the existing one...

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:40 am
racarter offline

Re: Is there any way to show the server password

Some apps have a 'Show Password' tick box which sometimes comes in handy.

Indigo feature request? :)

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:06 am
CliveS offline

Copied from cnet.com

Should you need the password to sign in to an account from a device not connected to your iCloud account, it can be frustrating, as the method to retrieve your password isn't obvious.

Getting your password is easy, however, once you know where to look. On your iDevice, launch the Settings app go to Safari > Passwords & Autofill > Saved Passwords.

There you'll find a list of all the log-in credentials and passwords you have saved to your iCloud Keychain. Tapping on an entry will show you the user name and password (after entering your device password) for the respective account. You can copy any of the information listed with a long press on the text field.

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We store it on the keychain. Open Keychain Access, select Passwords, enter IndigoServer in the search box, then double-click the IndigoServer entry and click the Show Password checkbox (you'll be prompted to enter your Admin password).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1