Help Indigo 7- Indigo Server is currently not responding

Posted on
Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:29 am
dlbeck offline

Help Indigo 7- Indigo Server is currently not responding

I've been running Indigo on a Mac mini for several years without problems. Currently I run OS 10.12.3 on m y Mac. I upgraded to Indigo 7 and now get error messages often that say the Indigo Server is currently not responding. The pop up window appears with the Start Local Server button and I click on that and all my settings appear correct. Usually it doesn't allow me to restart the server and clicking start server does nothing. I am not that techy so lot of this stuff is over my head but currently running dozens of Insteon devices in my house.

Please help...my lighting doesn't work in the house without Indigo running. Can I go back to Indigo 6? What should I check?

Posted on
Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:50 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Help Indigo 7- Indigo Server is currently not responding

Sounds like you might have added Indigo 6 or Indigo 7 as a startup item for the account that runs Indigo at some point, perhaps?

If so, delete those startup items and then try to restart Indigo 7. When the configuration screen comes up, select the option to have Indigo start every time the computer boots (I don't recall the exact wording of that setting, sorry.)

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:50 am
dlbeck offline

Thanks Dave. I uninstalled Indigo 6 so that shouldn't be the problem but will double check.

Posted on
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You might also want to rerun the Indigo 7 installer just in case there is some odd permission issue - the installer should correct those.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:34 am
dlbeck offline

Thanks Jay. I re-ran the package installer and that did not help. In my Start Local Server menu I clicked on the link that states what account my reflector is assigned to and it says "The reflector connection is currently down." I checked my indigo account and it says I have an active reflector account. So not sure if that's the problem. But it's still not working. Any other ideas?

Posted on
Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:52 am
dlbeck offline

I tried to open the Indigo Server via the terminal and got this:

Last login: Sun Apr 2 10:49:55 on ttys000
Davids-mini:~ MusicServer$ /Applications/Indigo\ 7.app/Contents/MacOS/Indigo\ 7 ; exit;
2017-04-02 10:51:20.829 Indigo 7[7545:218896] unable to modify user startup items preference

Thoughts?

Posted on
Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Are you sure that the account you have Indigo installed under is an admin account? And are you running it from that account? It sure sounds like there's some kind of permission error.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1