Indigo server hangs

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:18 pm
roussell offline

Re: Indigo server hangs

jay (support) wrote:
Excellent, thanks for that. This would be instructions for someone who used a manually installed HB at some point, correct? Terry, can you try this?

Yep, I'm on it. It's running as instructed; so far, so good. No errors in test/homebridge.log and all devices are working as expected.

Terry

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:54 pm
cuhouse offline

I am getting No Responses on my devices in the Home App. I have HBB Plugin Disabled. I did the load substituting my HBB Device ID. Seeing errors in the attached home bridge log.

Jody
Attachments
homebridge.log
(20.88 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 5.48.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 5.48.16 PM.png (73.08 KiB) Viewed 3737 times

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

cuhouse wrote:
I am getting No Responses on my devices in the Home App. I have HBB Plugin Disabled. I did the load substituting my HBB Device ID. Seeing errors in the attached home bridge log.

It's trying to reference an incorrect directory:

Code: Select all
[2/6/2017, 5:03:20 PM] Got SIGTERM, shutting down Homebridge...
fs.js:557
  return binding.open(pathModule._makeLong(path), stringToFlags(flags), mode);
                 ^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/664653644/accessories/cachedAccessories'

Since the plugin is disabled, the path is incorrect. Webdeck, thoughts?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:27 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

cuhouse wrote:
Seeing errors in the attached home bridge log.

Ok, there are some hard coded paths in the config file. Manually edit this file in your homebridge directory:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins (Disabled)/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/664653644/com.webdeck.homebridge.664653644.plist

Edit the first part of both paths in there from:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/

to:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins (Disabled)/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/

I think that will tell it to look in the right place for stuff in this state.

Terry, did you verify that yours is actually working? I'm a bit surprised you didn't see the same path issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 pm
cuhouse offline

jay (support) wrote:
cuhouse wrote:
Seeing errors in the attached home bridge log.

Ok, there are some hard coded paths in the config file. Manually edit this file in your homebridge directory:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins (Disabled)/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/bin/hb/homebridge/664653644/com.webdeck.homebridge.664653644.plist

Edit the first part of both paths in there from:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/

to:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins (Disabled)/EPS Homebridge.indigoPlugin/

I think that will tell it to look in the right place for stuff in this state.

Terry, did you verify that yours is actually working? I'm a bit surprised you didn't see the same path issue.

Jay,

I edited the com.webdeck.homebridge.123456789.plist where 123456789=Homebridge Device ID
Had to do an ./unload 123456789 and then a ./load 123456789 and came up! Nice. 8)

Thanks Jay and Mike

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:10 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

cuhouse wrote:
I edited the com.webdeck.homebridge.123456789.plist where 123456789=Homebridge Device ID
Had to do an ./unload 123456789 and then a ./load 123456789 and came up! Nice. 8)

Perfect. Now, let us know if/when it hangs up again.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:05 pm
roussell offline

jay (support) wrote:

Since I removed the plugin when I had problems (not just disabled it), I'm not running it from within the path specified by webdeck. It is however working, as my wife and I have been controlling the house through Siri all evening. I have also verified that it's the plugin-embedded version running.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:33 pm
webdeck offline

Whoops - I forgot about that hardcoded path if you use a formerly enabled but now disabled plugin. Thanks for catching that. Don't forget to change it back to what it was when you're done testing, or else HBB won't be able to start homebridge properly.

Posted on
Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:25 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

roussell wrote:
Since I removed the plugin when I had problems (not just disabled it), I'm not running it from within the path specified by webdeck. It is however working, as my wife and I have been controlling the house through Siri all evening. I have also verified that it's the plugin-embedded version running.

Perfect, thanks. Keep us posted.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:37 pm
cuhouse offline

jay (support) wrote:
cuhouse wrote:

Perfect. Now, let us know if/when it hangs up again.

My system has been up for 72 hours with no IS hangs! :D I have had all my plugins and apps running during this timeframe also. HBB is disabled but started HB manually as instructed.
Jay/Mike,
I will continue with testing this way until you guys want me to try something else.
Thanks again for all the support,
Jody

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:05 am
Albatros offline

Not sure if related but on my mac mini El Captain the Indigo server hangs when changing devices of HBB. See printscreen.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2017-02-10 om 17.47.31.png
Schermafbeelding 2017-02-10 om 17.47.31.png (234.31 KiB) Viewed 3412 times

Posted on
Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:46 am
Frakke offline

Hi All,

Even with installing my entire server, homebridge just hung again.
I disabled HBB for now.

Regards

Posted on
Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:21 am
bkmar1192 offline

Indigo server hangs

On Friday night I went through my server and removed all thing homebridge. I did a "sudo find / -name "home" and deleted anything that was related to homebridge. I also removed all aliases and wrappers. I then reinstalled HBB. I have a very simple setup right with just a single lamp running.

So far no crashes. I'll be slowly adding things back in over the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:21 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Everyone seems to think that HBB is the culprit and I haven't had time to track this down so I'm pulling HBB down for now until I can rewrite the plugin. The plugin was originally intended to just be a way to easily update your HB configuration and has morphed into this solution that does everything and it wasn't built to support that so it's possible that there's something in there that's causing problems. That being said it has never caused a single issue on my end, and I run four HB servers through HBB.

The original web deck version of HB still works and the configuration file that you created with HBB will transfer straight over, so there shouldn't really be any loss of functionality.

I'm not sure when I can do a ground-up rewrite as my schedule has gotten quite bogged down at the moment but I'll see if I can start getting that started in the next week or so.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:32 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If Indigo or HBB hangs up please try the following steps and report the results:

1) From the Terminal copy/paste the results of:

ps aux | egrep "[h]omebridge|[n]ode|[n]digo"

2) Try shutting down the Indigo Server, then copy/paste results of:

ps aux | egrep "[h]omebridge|[n]ode|[n]digo"

3) Try starting the Indigo Server back up.

If (only if) it won't start back up successfully, perform in Terminal:

kill -9 PID

where PID is the process ID number from all processes in step #2 that have in their name Indigo (IndigoServer, IndigoPluginHost, etc.), node.js or homebridge. Once again try the ps aux line from above to see if the processes were really terminated.

Does Indigo then start back up successfully?