Indigo Server error message ...

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:02 pm
rlesperance offline

Indigo Server error message ...

Hello,

My iMac has one non admin user for guests (Accueil) and one admin user for my personal use (Nous). When restarting from a power failure, the guest user opens without any password and the IndigoServer app is loaded.

Recently I upgraded my OS and started getting error message on the guest side (see here). I downloaded and runned the IndigoPermFixer app on the guest side and got this log. The error message prevailed.

I then runned it from the admin side and got this log. Indigo seems to work ok on the admin side, but I am unable to run it from the guest side.

Can you help me with this ?

Robert Lespérance
Québec, Canada

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Server error message ...

The general requirement is that Indigo be installed and launched under a macOS admin level account. However, it is possible to run Indigo on more restricted accounts as long as it has read/write access to the folders and files in the main folder, which in this case is:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/

So if you modify the file/folder permissions on that (and all children file/folders) so that particular user account has read/write access it should work. Note however you might run into problems with multiple accounts trying to launch the Indigo Server, so make sure you only have Indigo started/launched under a single account.

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:49 am
rlesperance offline

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. Because of frequent power failure, the computer restart a non admin user.

How can I have that user launch the Indigo server on reboot if it is installed on a admin user ?

Regards.

Robert Lespérance

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo will launch under whichever user you use to launch it. So if you want it launched from a different user, then login to the original user and choose the Indigo->Stop Server menu item to shut it down, then login as the secondary user and launch Indigo and choose the options in the Start Local Server dialog to have it automatically launched upon user login.

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:08 am
rlesperance offline

Thanks Matt,

I understand that the Indigo Server will launch under the last user that launched it ... and that, before, I have to stop the server that could have been launch under another user. The server has been installed under the non-admin user.

Now that I am sure that the server is running from the non-admin user, I am unable to use Indigo from the admin user. I tried the Connect to remote server option and I get this message. My setup is probably not working like I think it is.

I want the server to launch from my non-admin user ... but I also want to use it (take action and modify the Indigo configuration) from my admin user.

How can I have use Indigo from another user ?

Regards.

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:27 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

In the Start Local Server dialog (from the Indigo 6 or 7 menu under the non-admin user account Indigo is launching under) do you have Allow remote access and Enable remote Indigo client access enabled? If so, then you should be able to connect to 127.0.0.1 from other macOS users on the same Mac. If that doesn't work, then the problem might be the firewall (the OS should have prompted you to allow the Indigo Server and Python apps when first launched). To see if that is the case you can temporarily turn off the firewall.

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:41 am
rlesperance offline

«Enable remote Indigo client access» was not enabled. What is the difference of that option with «Allow remote access» ?

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:55 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Allow remote access: enable remote access via browsers and Indigo Touch.
Enable remote Indigo client access: enable Mac GUI client app access.

Page 1 of 1