morning linc error messages

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:38 am
kw123 offline

morning linc error messages

I now get these error messages every xx minute:

"name of morning line" off; failed (PowerLinc not in module's database -- try the Define and Sync process in the device dialog)
for both of my morning linc AFTER i did a sync:
Code: Select all
   PowerLinc                       Linking - entered discovery linking mode (240 seconds)
   PowerLinc                       Linking - syncing PowerLinc links (address 3C.4B.FF)
   PowerLinc                       Linking - . . adding: INSTEON plc link to controller 22.BF.93, flags 03, group 01, data 00 00 FF
   PowerLinc                       Linking - . . adding: (not added -- probably already exists)
   PowerLinc                       Linking - PowerLinc links updated
   PowerLinc                       Linking - sync complete
   PowerLinc                       Linking - sending engine version request to 22.BF.93
   PowerLinc                       Linking - received engine version 02 from 22.BF.93
   PowerLinc                       Linking - sending id request for device information to 22.BF.93
   PowerLinc                       Linking - received id request response from 22.BF.93
   PowerLinc                       Linking - initializing remote device "doorMorningLinc" (address 22.BF.93, firmware version 42)
   PowerLinc                       Linking - initialize complete
   PowerLinc                       Linking - syncing remote device "doorMorningLinc" (address 22.BF.93, firmware version 42)
   PowerLinc                       Linking - syncing of this device not possible remotely (skipping)
   PowerLinc                       Linking - sync complete
   PowerLinc                       Linking - exited linking mode

and :
Code: Select all
Error                           "doorMorningLincBack" off; failed (PowerLinc not in module's database -- try the Define and Sync process in the device dialog)
   Error                           "doorMorningLinc" off; failed (PowerLinc not in module's database -- try the Define and Sync process in the device dialog)

still can can lock the doors, but not unlock

so everything started after I did a sync. before it was ok

Karl

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:15 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: morning linc error messages

Try putting the MorningLinc into linking mode first then pressing the Send PowerLinc Button Press button in the main device dialog. That might get the linkage correct. If not you might have to factory reset it then do the full define/sync again.

And the fact that this occurred makes me think the flash memory in the module might be going bad. That error means it lost its link to the PowerLinc and thus won't accept some commands (like unlock).

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:10 pm
kw123 offline

Re: morning linc error messages

yes .. read the manual helps. :oops:

but it is difficult to find

Page 1 of 1