[ANSWERED]: indigoplugin InsteonCommands Failing

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:39 pm
gervd1 offline

[ANSWERED]: indigoplugin InsteonCommands Failing

Attempting to send Insteon commands to keypad (or other Insteon devices) via the GUI.
Server fails to execute and returns the following errors.

Error (client) getConfigUiValuesFromPlugin2() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- client target com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.InsteonCommands not found for message UiGetValues2
Error (client) getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- client target com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.InsteonCommands not found for message CallPluginFunc
Error (client) dialogForActionId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Example:
Action Type: INSTEON Actions > Turn On/Off KeypadLinc Buttons

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: indigoplugin InsteonCommands Failing

Choose the Indigo 6->Stop Server menu item, then restart the Indigo Server. If the problem persists, or occurs again, then let us know.

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:23 pm
gervd1 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: indigoplugin InsteonCommands Failing

That worked. I'll try to remember that for next time.
Although, I thought a quit to Indigo and restart was kind of the same thing.
No matter, I'm happy.

Thanks Matt.
Denis

Posted on
Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:37 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Quitting Indigo just stops the Indigo GUI client. Depending on the options you have in the Start Local Server dialog, the Indigo Server can keep on running in the background.

Posted on
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:55 pm
haakon offline

Hi, I got a similar error when trying to execute, create or modify action groups with a toggle variable action in them. I shut down and restarted the server as suggested, and now it is working again.

I am curious, though: What creates this problem? Is there some way to prevent it from happening or get an alert if the toggle variable actions stop working? I have quite a few things depending on variable actions in my setup.

Here is the error I got:

Error (client) getConfigUiValuesFromPlugin2() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- plugin Action Collection is not enabled
Error (client) getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- plugin Action Collection is not enabled
Error (client) dialogForActionId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Posted on
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It shouldn't ever happen. That's why we ask if the problem persists to let us know.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1