[ANSWERED]Two servers...is it possible?

Posted on
Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:31 pm
usbud offline

[ANSWERED]Two servers...is it possible?

Hi
I have two servers running Indigo in two separate buildings monitoring / controlling several devices. Is there a way to monitor/control both servers from one indigo instance from one location. i.e. connect to two servers or, connect remote insteon device to a single indigo instance?

Posted on
Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:03 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Two servers...is it possible?

The Indigo client can only connect to a single server instance. You can of course open multiple browser tabs to access Control Pages from different servers, but you'll have to switch between the tabs.

It might be possible to bridge the 2 buildings if they are within INSTEON RF distance of one another just by using dual-band modules or AccessPoint RFs.

Posted on
Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:14 pm
usbud offline

Thanks Matt

The buildings are over 100 miles away.

Shame. I'm trying to auto monitor / control the buildings. For camera control, I can use the cynical security spy plug-in and running security-spy on both servers I'm able to control within one indigo. Would like the same ability for the other devices.

James

Posted on
Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:32 pm
RogueProeliator offline

If you were to create control pages for each house and make them with the same look & feel, one of your elements could be a tab-style selector (of course could be tabs, highlighting buttons, etc.) that switches between your houses via an external URL (to the other Indigo installation's control pages). Would not be too much different than having one installation with a page for each.

Indigo Touch might not work quite as smooth in that manner, but could always load the control pages in Safari.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:48 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi James,

We've heard this request a couple of times so it is on our request list, but the priority is still pretty low. It would be possible for someone to create an Indigo plugin that allows this type of functionality, so perhaps another Indigo users that has a similar situation will create a solution (or if you know python you could create it).

Note that Indigo licenses are on a per-server basis, so make sure you have 2 licenses if you'll be running the server on two different Macs. You can run as many copies of the client as you wish with a single license, although that doesn't help your particular scenario.

Page 1 of 1