Refreshing SecuritySpy images on Control Pages?

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:39 pm
Bigfatburrito offline

Refreshing SecuritySpy images on Control Pages?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do I integrate security spy with indigo touch. The idea is to have a constantly updating image on my control page tha shows the current camera images. Such as a front door camera that can be checked when somebody rings the doorbell.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Refreshing SecuritySpy images on Control Pages?

Good question. I don't believe this is documented anywhere well currently. Here is what I did:

1) Inside Control Page Editor create a new control with displays set to Refreshing Image URL.

2) Specify the image size you want for the control (160x120 works well for 2 side-by-side feeds on iPhone in portrait landscape) .

3) In the URL edit field create a URL like:

Code: Select all
http://SS_USER:SS_PASSWORD@SS_SERVER_ADDR:SS_PORT/++image?cameraNum=SS_CAMERA_INDEX&width=CONTROL_WIDTH&height=CONTROL_HEIGHT

An example would be:

http://matt:secret@127.0.0.1:8010/++image?cameraNum=1&width=320&height=240

Cool Tip: for iPhone retina resolution display double the width/height in the URL that you specified for the control in step #2.

4) Set the refresh rate to Continuous or 1 Second.

You will obviously need to enable the SecuritySpy Web server via SecuritySpy's Settings->Web server setup... menu item and use the same user name, password, and port specified in step #3.

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:36 pm
Bigfatburrito offline

Thanks...as usual a quick response that worked perfectly

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:28 am
DomoPat offline

How difficult would it be to have it working with Evocam ? their version 4 is great and offers also an HTML5 feed, pan and tilt for a lot of cams at an affordable price...

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If EvoCam's Web server provides a way to access individual JPG images from each camera, then probably so. I checked the EvoCam Web site, however, and didn't see the details about how/if that is possible. Perhaps it is in the manual that comes with it though?

Posted on
Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:42 am
DomoPat offline

This is what Evocam's user manual says about their web server:

Accessing documents via EvoCam's web server
EvoCam automatically assigns a unique prefix to each new document. This prefix (not the document's name) is used to determine the URL of that document when it is accessed via EvoCamʼs web server. For example, if your EvoCam server's IP address is 1.2.3.4 and the document's prefix is 1, then the URL for that document would be:
http://1.2.3.4:8080/1/stream.html

I don't know if these are individual images...

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:29 am
DomoPat offline

I received the info from Evocam, and tested it, it works ! I can see the live stream using:

http://1.2.3.4:8080/1/image.jpg

Fantastic !

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:22 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Excellent news, thanks for sharing.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:59 am
jtm997 offline

I have just started using both Indigo and Security Spy. I am getting started creating my control pages. Could you provide step-by-step procedures? Assume I do not know where any menu items are.

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not s SecuritySpy user so I can't help much. Anyone else with experience want to chime in?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The 2nd post above has the details. You won't be choosing menus -- the UI discussed in that post is referring to the controls at the bottom of the Control Page editor window itself. If you get stuck, then let me know exactly where in the process and we can help out.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:46 pm
Dewster35 offline

matt (support) wrote:
Good question. I don't believe this is documented anywhere well currently. Here is what I did:

1) Inside Control Page Editor create a new control with displays set to Refreshing Image URL.

2) Specify the image size you want for the control (160x120 works well for 2 side-by-side feeds on iPhone in portrait landscape) .

3) In the URL edit field create a URL like:

http://SS_USER:SS_PASSWORD@SS_SERVER_ADDR:SS_PORT/++image?cameraNum=SS_CAMERA_INDEX&width=CONTROL_WIDTH&height=CONTROL_HEIGHT

An example would be:

http://matt:secret@127.0.0.1:8010/++image?cameraNum=1&width=320&height=240

Cool Tip: for iPhone retina resolution display double the width/height in the URL that you specified for the control in step #2.

4) Set the refresh rate to Continuous or 1 Second.

You will obviously need to enable the SecuritySpy Web server via SecuritySpy's Settings->Web server setup... menu item and use the same user name, password, and port specified in step #3.

Matt... I'm getting this issue in my event log:

http://10.0.1.7:8000/++image?cameraNum= ... height=240 load error: <urlopen error [Errno 64] Host is down>

The URL address I have is this:
http://dewster:mypassword1@10.0.1.7:800 ... height=240

So my question is... is the port for the webserver or do you have to broadcast in security spy and use THAT port? I've tried it a number of different ways and can't seem to get it to work properly.

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The port is for SecuritySpy's Web server (not Indigo's). You should be able to access the URL from a Web browser as well. If that doesn't work, the double-check the settings in Security Spy (via the Settings->Web servers up... menu item).

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:02 am
Dewster35 offline

Matt,
I'm running the securityspy software on the same computer that I'm running Indigo on. With an IP address for a camera, a broacasting IP address, I was getting mixed up in that it had to be the IP address of the server computer that is running the software. Got it all setup now and it's running well. Thanks for the help.

Posted on
Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:26 am
kw123 offline

I can connect to the server, but get an error message "404 file not found" tried with cameraNum=1,2,3

UPDATE: cameras start with #0, as I have only on, e No 0 is the number that makes it work... thx

Karl