I keep getting malformed XML packet received from Indigo

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:08 am
rainman50 offline

Re: I keep getting malformed XML packet received from Indigo

Yea , I see your point with working with an operating system. I'm not complaining about your software, just trying to understand what might be causing it. I know as is with integrating real time programming with a Windows computer that there are things that are not exactly predictable/controllable. Most of the programs that I write don't have an operating system so it is totally up to my software to handle all conditions. Believe it or not I write entirely in assembly code so I know exactly what is going on for every instruction executed.

Dave

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:52 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

One user via email reported that after power cycling all of their networking hardware (airports, router, DSL modem, switches, etc.) and their Mac and iPhone/iPad they no longer are seeing the error. I'd recommend everyone seeing the error try that and report back.

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:52 pm
Otis offline

I had five or six "Can't Retrieve File" messages on my iPod Touches today — they've been getting more frequent during the last week or two. These and other messages seem to get more frequent the longer Indigo runs. "Malformed XML packet" messages are rarer, but also increase as time goes on. I stopped just the Indigo Server and restarted it to see if that fixes the problem. I'll let you know after a couple of weeks.

And a feature request: This has been mentioned before, but it would be really nice if the variables on the iPod Touch screen would update automatically after an error message is cleared. For example, after clearing a message, the clock, temperatures and other readings do not update, even after several hours, until I touch a button on the screen. Until then, the screens show old data with no warning messages. I think this is a problem only with the XML Packet and Can't Retrieve File messages.

I'm still running 5.0.1 because I didn't see any changes in the 5.0.2 release that looked like they would affect this problem.