Bluetooth/Indigo Touch/iPhone 4

Posted on
Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:41 pm
bcmayes offline

Re: Bluetooth/Indigo Touch/iPhone 4

support wrote:
Did you follow all of the instructions above (in order):
1) Totally turn off your Mac's firewall.
2) Stop the Indigo Server (not just the client, so choose the Indigo 4->Stop Server menu item)
3) Launch Indigo Touch and delete the connection entry for your database. Quit Indigo Touch via the task bar as you did before.
4) Launch Indigo Server.
5) Wait 2 minutes.
6) Launch Indigo Touch.
7) Does the bonjour item for your database automatically show up? If so, click on it.
8) If it fails, then go back to Indigo and copy/paste the entire contents of the Event Log window into a reply post for me.

The reason I ask is that you said it failed over WiFi with "Reflection connection down error", but if you deleted the connection entry for your database in Indigo Touch (step #3) and quit Indigo Touch (second part of step #3), then Indigo Touch won't know anything about the reflector until is successfully establishes a connection, which it doesn't appear to be doing. Therefore, I don't see how it would be possible to get that error. Can you redo the steps and make sure you really are seeing a Reflector connection error on step #7 (if it is a different error, I'd like the exact error text)? Also make sure the Firewall is turned totally off.

Lastly, on your Mac not running the Indigo Server:

1) Launch Safari
2) Choose Bookmarks->Show All Bookmarks menu item
3) Click on the Bonjour item/icon in the Collection list (upper-left area of the window)
4) Does it list your Indigo Database? If so, does it connect to it and work if you click on it?

Yes. Followed all steps in order. Mini is running 10.5.8 Firewall "off" setting there is "Allow all incoming connections" (Unlike in 10.6 where there is an explicit "off" radio button).
Exact error text:
"Reflector Connection Down
The reflector connection between your Indigo Server and GoPrism.com is not currently up.
Check your Mac network connectivity and try restarting the Indigo Server."

I have restarted a number of times.

On the Mac not running the server, I did the steps above. The Indigo Database is listed and it connects/works when I click on it. Likewise when I go to the server via the web from any other device (like my Android phone over Verizon 3G, a computer in my workplace, or Safari on my iPhone over AT&T 3G or any wifi network).

I should add for completeness that Touch connects to the Demo Server just fine over wifi or 3G (for what it's worth).

One thing I have not done is delete Indigo Touch and reinstall. I'm going to try that as everything that you're telling me and that I'm experiencing seems to rule out problems with Bonjour, GoPrism, Indigo Server, or my home computer/network. That leaves the installation on the iPhone. Will report back what happens.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Byron

Mac mini 1.25, 1024MB RAM; Indigo 2.0

Posted on
Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 pm
bcmayes offline

Deleting and reinstalling yields same results as before. Likewise rebooting the iPhone.

Posted on
Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes. Followed all steps in order. Mini is running 10.5.8 Firewall "off" setting there is "Allow all incoming connections" (Unlike in 10.6 where there is an explicit "off" radio button).

I'm baffled that you are getting a reflector error message based on the steps above. When you did this step:
3) Launch Indigo Touch and delete the connection entry for your database. Quit Indigo Touch via the task bar as you did before.

What exactly did you do inside Indigo Touch?

Posted on
Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:16 pm
bcmayes offline

For the sake of closure, this thing went away as suddenly as it appeared. I did nothing outside of regular daily use of Indigo and my computer.

Thanks for your help though.

Byron