Well ... iPhone 3.0 SDK or new feature requests?

Posted on
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:40 pm
yergeyj offline

Well ... iPhone 3.0 SDK or new feature requests?

Well Jay and Matt, can we start making requests for iPhone 3.0 feature requests? :D

My first would be the ability to have device states "pushed" even when we don't have the app open.

Second would be the ability to play audio content (or video I presume) directly in the app; I'd like to be able to stream phone messages that Indigo has access to in my Control Pages.

I'm sure I'm getting ahead of the game, given that Indigo 4.0 has not been finalized as yet, but I can still dream, right? :oops:

Jim

Posted on
Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:49 am
dchote offline

(No subject)

Unfortunately, the "pushed" state is not the actual "push" method that is available on the iphone. The push method itself is purely for notifications (ie. this just happened, open your app to find out). Not really suited for EVERY device state with indigo... It would be nice to maybe setup a subset, or an applescript object that you could use inside Indigo to raise an alert like this, however I wouldn't expect it to get all that much use outside of security implementation. The push service has no guarantee of quick turn around.

Posted on
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:20 am
Martijn Heeroma offline

(No subject)

Unfortunately, the "pushed" state is not the actual "push" method that is available on the iphone.

I hope Matt and Jay
will implement the push notification soon.

*a special named action group that will trigger the push-event will fit for me*

Posted on
Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:36 pm
yergeyj offline

(No subject)

dchote wrote:
Unfortunately, the "pushed" state is not the actual "push" method that is available on the iphone. The push method itself is purely for notifications (ie. this just happened, open your app to find out). Not really suited for EVERY device state with indigo...

I realize what the "new iPhone OS push" represents. It would be great to get a notification, with a "bubble count" on the App icon of the number of changes to devices have occurred, or a "text update" when a particular device changes or, in my case, when a phone message variable increments.

Lots of possibilities.

Jim

Page 1 of 1