Indigo Touch very unresponsive

Posted on
Wed May 03, 2017 4:20 pm
Londonmark offline

Indigo Touch very unresponsive

Hi,

For the last few weeks, I have found Indigo Touch to be much less responsive. I am not aware of anything I have changed, but I frequently get messages saying that devices (iPads and iPhones) are failing to connect. They connect after perhaps 15-30 seconds, but even then responses to button clicks are really slow. It's verging on unusable. No difference between (old) iPads and (newer) iPhones.

There is no obvious issue of images taking up a lot of memory as referred to elsewhere - when I check storage, Indigo Touch is only using 15MB or so. My network seems to be working as it should too.

Any suggestions on what will fix this? It's driving me slowly crazy... I'm on latest versions of everything.

LM

Posted on
Fri May 05, 2017 9:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch very unresponsive

When you see it happening again, try connecting to Indigo Touch for the Web in Safari on the same device that you're running IT and see if you experience the same delays.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat May 06, 2017 12:19 pm
Londonmark offline

With Safari it's definitely better - I don't get the long waits but there is still some latency so it's not as good as Indigo Touch when that's working at its best.

Posted on
Sat May 06, 2017 7:19 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Is this while at home over local Wi-Fi? Or via cellular?

Press the settings (gear) icon: how does Indigo say it is connected a the top (the purple bar)?

Try rebooting: your Mac, router, cable/dsl modem, and your iOS devices. Any change?

Posted on
Sun May 07, 2017 2:15 am
Londonmark offline

At home over local wifi. Connected via bonjour. Rebooted everything - no change.

Posted on
Sun May 07, 2017 4:31 pm
rehafer offline

I switched from Bonjour to a Manually Add Server entry a few months ago and I'm getting good response times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2017 4:29 pm
Londonmark offline

That helps a bit but it's still far from perfect.

Posted on
Fri May 12, 2017 5:59 pm
Londonmark offline

Still struggling with this. It takes a looong time for anything to happen in indigo Touch and sometimes nothing happens at all. Any advice?

Posted on
Sat May 13, 2017 5:58 am
roussell offline

How is the Indigo server connected to your network? Is other, non-indigo communication to/from this Mac slow as well? Can this server surf the web, download files, ping other hosts, etc. without issue?

My first though reading through this was that you might have a bad switch port. If you're connected via wired Ethernet, try moving the Indigo connection to a different port on your Ethernet switch, preferably a port on the switch as far away physically from the original as possible and see if that make a difference. If that doesn't help, try using just a wireless connection on the Mac (disable wired and unplug it, setup/enable wireless) and see if there is any change. Make sure you just have one connection enabled at one time (wired OR wireless, not both). If you have Sonos devices on your network, and one or more are physically plugged into Ethernet, unplug those, then power off/on your switch/router and see if that helps.

Assuming that you've already verified proper operation of the Mac running Indigo (memory, CPU, disk space, etc), I suspect that you possibly have either a bad network port, or that there is a routing loop somewhere in your network.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1