Does Indigo Touch have a Memory Leak?

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:23 pm
alang_94526 offline

Does Indigo Touch have a Memory Leak?

I have an iPad that uses Indigo Touch to monitor 6 cameras via Indigo and the Security Spy plugin.
I believe that this combination has a memory leak.
In the interests of keeping this concise, I have totally erased/factory-restored the iPad and reinstalled everything from scratch (no restoring of backups) and have installed only 1 app - Indigo Touch.
It is not connected to the cloud and has nothing else running other than IndigoTouch
Periodically (about once per day), it reports that it is out of storage. When I go into settings it shoes that all 64GB are used up and there are 0 bytes free.
When I connect it to my Mac and look at the storage in iTunes, it shows I have barely used any storage. I can only assume that IOS is pushing data out to Flash as "working memory" caused by some kind of a memory leak.
If I use IOS to manage the storage it doesn't show the 50GB of stored data anywhere.
You can see both views in the attached photo.
Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to help get to the bottom of it?
Attachments
IMG_1863.jpg
IMG_1863.jpg (350.7 KiB) Viewed 948 times

Posted on
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Does Indigo Touch have a Memory Leak?

This is the same problem reported on this forum thread. It appears newer versions of iOS ignore the caching options (in some cases) of Indigo requests, unfortunately. We'll be working around the problem in an upcoming Indigo Touch release.

I'm going to lock this thread since it is the same issue as the other (just post follow-ups on that thread).

Page 1 of 1