Indigo touch app using 9gb

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:15 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo touch app using 9gb

It is on the list but we are severely backlogged at the moment, so I cannot give an ETA.

Posted on
Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:53 am
phillymike offline

I'm also having this issue, so I thought I'd weigh in with some details I'm seeing.

I'm running Indigo v7.0.2 with the Sonos plug-in v0.9.16. I've got several iPads throughout my house, all running Indigo Touch for iOS v2.0.5 app full-time.

I use a Refreshing Image URL to show the cover art of the song playing on my Sonos system. The images are 500x500 pixels, and generally less than 500 KB.

Those older iPads running iOS 9.3.5 (as high a version as they're capable of running) work fine, never consuming more than 50 MB. Those iPads running iOS 10.2 eventually run out of space, with Indigo Touch consuming all available space on the devices - sometimes as high as 90 GB.

Uninstalling Indigo Touch frees the space, of course. Reinstalling it consumes 13.9 MB before launching it for the first time. Once launched the space consumed continues to grow until all available space is taken.

I hope this helps.

Posted on
Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:55 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the detailed report.

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:50 pm
petematheson offline

Are there any workarounds for this issue other than downgrading and/or setting refresh rates to an unusable low speed? Still seeing this issue on my iPad mini - doesn't seem to stop working but pops up all the time to say it's run out of space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:32 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Not that I'm aware of. It appears to be a bug in how more recent versions of iOS handles caching of requested images. We will be figuring out a solution (or internal workaround) to the problem in the next release of Indigo Touch.

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:15 pm
RAID5 offline

Waiting for a fix!
I have set a trigger to only update the picture for my camera every 5 minutes and if motion is triggered by sensor it updates every second for 5 minutes. Still I have to remove Indigo app 2-3 times a week. Regard Peter

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 am
sumocomputers offline

Hey Guys,

I am still uninstalling and reinstalling Indigo touch every few days. It used to be almost every day, until I set the iPad to lock after 1 minute.

I understand you are backlogged, but guys, I have already begged and don't know what else to do.

Please tell me there is a fix with some sort of ETA that isn't another 3 months away. That would make me sad.

Posted on
Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:06 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We don't have any additional information to report at this point, but we understand this is a frustrating problem.

Posted on
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:25 pm
howartp offline

But reading into the other threads, we know Matt/Jay are committed to releasing an Indigo Touch update before Apple pull 32bit support if they physically can.

Knowing Apple this *could* be as early as September so I'm sure the team will be on it ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo Touch 2.1 has been released. This release should fix the caching issue and it adds a button in the settings dialog to clear the cache if needed.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn