Possible bug? server which no longer exists still shows up

Posted on
Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:33 am
jenkins007 offline

Possible bug? server which no longer exists still shows up

Sometime in May I my HA system to a different server. I finally put my HA system on a stand alone headless server. I am running Indigo 6.1.9 on Mac OS 10.7.5. The old server runs the latest Mac OS 10.11.5.

Yesterday I forgot to turn on wifi at home. I opened the Indigo app on my iPhone 6+ and noticed all the dates for last update was early May. I knew that was not right. As I checked I realized that Indigo was connecting to a nonexistent server (my old one and going through the Prism reflector. I wasn't running on my old server though and I thought it quite strange as the new one was up-and-running.

When I turned on wifi on the phone, the app found the correct server and all was well. I went to the old server and deleted the database to ensure no other issues.

Today I did the same test (knowing that the database on the old server is deleted). The same results. Using no wifi, it connects to a nonexistent server with obvious no-control. When I turn on wifi, the correct server is connected. (When I ported the HA server I copied and am using the same Indigo server name, which is desired and the same Prism username).

I made sure the Indigo server on the old server would not autostart in early May. I do occasionally connect using the old server via the client app (connect to remote client). Another note, the server name from an IP standpoint is different, the old server has its same name, the new server name is a new name on the network: HA Server from a DNS perspective. The indigo server name was the name remains the same.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on
Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:02 am
jenkins007 offline

Re: Possible bug? server which no longer exists still shows

Small adjustment. Last paragraph: I connect to remote SERVER.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on
Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I suspect that your old Mac is still running a server. Follow these instructions to completely uninstall Indigo, except leave the Mac client (/Applications/Indigo 6.app). Reboot the old Mac afterward just to make sure everything is shutdown and gone.

You'll also need to reset your reflector's activation to your new Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:44 am
jenkins007 offline

That did it! Thanks Jay!

Thanks,
Matthew

Page 1 of 1