Set "default server" in the app?

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:12 am
Nidocamen offline

Set "default server" in the app?

I have an intermittent problem in the iOS app (v 2.0.5 - Indigo v 6.1.4) in which I get a "bonjour" timeout or something similar.

It happens only when I'm connecting on my local network via Wi-Fi. I only have one server defined (or auto-discovered) in the list of servers when I go into settings in the iOS app, and the other one is the "demo server" - is there any way to remove the demo server?

Sometimes when I launch or switch to Indigo Touch, it attempts to connect and then will just timeout. BUT, when I'm waiting for it to connect, I can tap the settings (gear) icon, tap my server from the list and it connect ups instantly just fine!

This never occurs when I'm connecting via my reflector on a mobile data connection, unless there's a general network issue, it always connects to my server w/o problem.

It's not a huge deal, more like a bug or something. I tried searching for a solution to it here in this forum w/o luck.

Is this a lack of setting some sort of "default server" ? Is that possible? I only have one active Indigo server on my network, so maybe that's not needed.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

--Joe

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:17 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Set "default server" in the app?

What version of iOS are you using and what device? I don't recall any other reports of this behavior. The next time it happens, make note of exactly what shows in that little popup status bar at the bottom.

No way to delete the demo server from the list.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:45 am
Nidocamen offline

Using iOS 9.3.2 on iPhone 6s Plus

But, I've had the issue for over a year now, which goes back to iOS 8 running on iPhone 5s

I'll note the info and take screenshots.

Thx for your reply! :)

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:47 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Also, make sure that your Indigo server Mac doesn't have Stealth Mode enabled in the Firewall Options (if you have the firewall enabled) - that blocks bonjour. And one final thought - check to see if there are any settings in your home's network router that might block/impede bonjour operation. Unfortunately, I can't be more specific, but it could also be labeled UPnP.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:09 am
Nidocamen offline

Hey Jay,

I did some checking and verified that the Firewall is off. And, we're a pretty Mac-centric network here, so I can't imagine that there's anything that would be turned on that would interfere with Bonjour.

I'm attaching some screenshots of when Indigo Touch is "searching" and never finds my server. It never seems to time-out either, just goes and goes and goes. When I pull up the server list in Settings, it just keeps searching. Once I tap on my server (which is always listed there), it connects up immediately and then there's no issue.

Again, this "searching" behavior is intermittent and doesn't always occur.

As a former developer, I know that these kinds of bugs are maddening, so I won't pester you guys too much with them :)

Can I ask an unrelated question while I have your attention? :)

On a completely separate note, and this one happens once in a very long while - and might be more Mac-related: Sometimes, Indigo "loses" connection with my PLM (2413U), and there seems to be no way to get it re-connected without a complete reboot of the Mac. Unplugging the PLM (power, USB, or both) doesn't seem to help it at all. And usually, I don't have to do anything to the PLM, just a Mac reboot solves it - while nothing else on the Mac is having issues hardware or USB-wise. Do you possibly know why this is, or have heard of this before?

Many thanks,

--Joe
Attachments
IMG_4656.PNG
IMG_4656.PNG (177.22 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
IMG_4655.PNG
IMG_4655.PNG (70.87 KiB) Viewed 1713 times

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Nidocamen wrote:
On a completely separate note, and this one happens once in a very long while - and might be more Mac-related: Sometimes, Indigo "loses" connection with my PLM (2413U), and there seems to be no way to get it re-connected without a complete reboot of the Mac. Unplugging the PLM (power, USB, or both) doesn't seem to help it at all. And usually, I don't have to do anything to the PLM, just a Mac reboot solves it - while nothing else on the Mac is having issues hardware or USB-wise. Do you possibly know why this is, or have heard of this before?

I have seen this before - and it was some kind of USB bug in earlier versions of El Capitan. For some reason, the USB system would sometimes think it found 2 powerlincs with the same FTDI serial number. This would kill any communication with it, and the only fix was to reboot. It seemed like it may have been somewhat specific to Mac Pros, though we may have had a report of it doing it on a MacBook (memory fails). Next time it happens, open the System Profiler app, select USB under Hardware, and see if there are two FTDI entries with the same serial number. If is shows 2, then that's the bug. Interestingly, the way I got around it was by putting my PowerLinc on a USB2 hub (leading me to believe the USB system was having a hard time identifying it as a USB 1 device or something).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1