iOS 10 testing

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:56 pm
srkinard offline

iOS 10 testing

Just to let Matt and Jay know I'm willing to test any development versions of Touch under iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 Plus.

I'm about to install macOS 10.12 Sierra on my laptop so I'll see how the Indigo client app runs on it. I also have an Apple TV 4 about to update to tvOS 10 if that is ever a possibility.

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:58 pm
durosity offline

Re: iOS 10 testing

Ditto as always. It's fun being on the bleeding edge.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

And the obligatory beta post: we don't support beta OS releases, so if you have a device you depend on reliably running Indigo, curb your enthusiasm! You have been warned... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:03 pm
srkinard offline

Lol...yeah...I never ask a vendor for support on my beta devices...I just offer feedback on my configs and do anything I can to assist with compatibility testing. Having a decent test pool usually helps prepare for upcoming releases.

My Indigo system and my main media server never run the betas...just my poor guinea-pig laptop.

That being said, so far everything works on both my phone and my laptop. The phone did warn me about possible 64-bit compatibility issues, but the app works so far.

Posted on
Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:49 am
eme jota ce offline

srkinard wrote:

That being said, so far everything works on both my phone and my laptop. The phone did warn me about possible 64-bit compatibility issues, but the app works so far.

Thanks for letting us know, and please keep posting updates.

My Indigo machine never upgraded to El Capitan because of the persistent and common issues described on this forum, but I hope Sierra Just Works.

Posted on
Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:16 am
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
And the obligatory beta post: we don't support beta OS releases, so if you have a device you depend on reliably running Indigo, curb your enthusiasm! You have been warned... ;)

I’m sorry Jay but as the official indigo spokesman i outrank you, and as such i’m making support for all beta releases mandatory. You have been warned. ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:23 am
Shutter offline

I'm willing to test a beta of Indigo 7 on the beta of macOS Sierra. :lol:

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:34 am
spiv offline

jay (support) wrote:

Duly noted - Great Larry David quote!

Nonetheless, I think you should, if possible, do a quick compile for 64-bit as otherwise you will be flooded in July (the public beta date for iOS 10) with people complaining about this warning message from iOS that Indigo Touch is not 64-bit ready.

It does seem to work ok, at least in my preliminary testing.
Attachments
64bit warning.png
Indigo Touch iOS 10 Beta warning
64bit warning.png (106.74 KiB) Viewed 5145 times

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:31 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:00 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We will of course get it updated at some point, but unfortunately it is much more involved than just a quick recompile.

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:03 am
srkinard offline

I'm all for Jay and Matt focusing on getting Indigo 7 out the door. So far both clients work just fine on my macOS and iOS devices under the beta, which actually shows the quality of the programming they've done. Usually it's the apps that bend or break the base rules inside an OS that have the worst issues with an upgrade like this.

My thoughts when I mentioned this to begin with was to simply be a source of information for them to use as the betas evolve, providing a system/configuration insight that may help identify issues that might need addressing at some point. At no point do I expect them to try and troubleshoot for me, nor push out a patch or version to be compatible with the beta. Once Apple releases the final product, then maybe all this information will help determine what areas might need a bit of tweaking.

Since they spend so much time on the boards here providing help to users and plugin developers, it just seems fair to at least offer a little help in return.

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

srkinard wrote:
Since they spend so much time on the boards here providing help to users and plugin developers, it just seems fair to at least offer a little help in return.

And we do appreciate it! :wink:

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:34 pm
ds10 offline

OK, folks. It's no longer June, and iOS 10 is no longer beta. And yes, that message about Indigo Touch causing iOS to slow down is popping up now on iOS 10.1. Will there be an updated app in the AppStore sometime?

Posted on
Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:47 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Looks like you already found the other forum thread.

I'm going to lock this thread down since so we don't have duplicate posts.

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:22 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo Touch 2.1 has been released.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1