Auto dim screen without locking?

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:12 am
george99 offline

Auto dim screen without locking?

I installed my old iPad in the wall and am using it for home control. Is there a way to make the indigo touch app prevent the iPad from auto locking?
I also use roomier remote. It does this nicely. It dims the screen, but prevents auto lock.

iOS allows for turning off the auto lock, but the screen doesn't dim.

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:33 am
Londonmark offline

Re: Auto dim screen without locking?

My workaround is to use an image located in the top left of my control pages that reflects a variable value. If the variable is true, the image is tiny and transparent. If the variable is false it's full screen and black. Tap the image full screen image and the variable switches to true. If no commands are received after x minutes it switches back to false.

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:21 am
george99 offline

Nice idea.
However, the brightness of the screen is still technically the same even with a black image. The frame of the app along with the time, signal strength, and batter also still show at the top. I haven't found a way to make indigo touch truly full screen.

My main goal is to prevent any excessive wear/damage to the ipad by leaving it on non-stop.

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:32 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We have a similar feature request on our request list currently. I will amend that request to include some of the functionality you want.

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:58 am
george99 offline

Thanks Matt!
Just FYI, if you have Roomie Remote, you can see this in action. Works perfectly. It has 2 settings:
Auto Dim After X Minutes
Auto Lock After X Minutes
These override the IOS settings when the app is open.

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:30 pm
howartp offline

George

http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id= ... hidenavbar

hideNavBar hides the battery/wifi/etc bar at the top of the page to make full fullscreen.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1