Indigo Server Not found

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:03 am
captcurrent offline

Indigo Server Not found

I upgraded by Indigo pr0 server to 6.1.4 . Indigo Touch 2.0.5 "sees" the server through bonjour but when i try to access it i get the subject error message The messages says the selected server is not an indigo server or is an older version of the Indigo Server.

If I try to connect using the IP i get "Could not connect"

I am using port 1176 on the server

thoughts or ideas?

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:49 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Server Not found

Indigo Touch needs to connect through Indigo's Web Server, which by default runs on port 8176. Indigo has another internal server that runs on port 1176, but that is only for the Mac client. Indigo Touch cannot connect to that one.

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:20 am
captcurrent offline

ok i was wrong on the port i am using all defaults
Attachments
indigo.tiff
indigo.tiff (277.14 KiB) Viewed 4525 times

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try the following:

1) Restart your Indigo Mac.
2) Restart your router (or cable/dsl modem)
3) Shutdown all other Macs you have in the house (leave them off for this debugging).
4) Inside Indigo Touch, while in your home on local WiFi, press the settings button and then swipe-delete all servers listed in the table. Close the settings panel, then re-open it.

Does the settings panel show Indigo after it is re-opened? If so, select it and see if it works. If it doesn't, then let me know specifically what the error message says.

Posted on
Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:40 am
captcurrent offline

followed you instructions

exact error message

is their in incompatibility between 6.1.4 and os 10.6.8??

Posted on
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:06 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I need a lot more details. What was the specific error message? And exactly what did you see when you did the steps above.

No reported compatibility problems with Indigo and Mac OS 10.6.

Posted on
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:21 am
captcurrent offline

I assume you mean with Touch as there is nothing to "see" when rebooting mac or router

I deleted the server from Touch closed Touch

reopened touch

It found the indigo server

I c lick on it and get the same error message which is

"indigo server not found The selected server is not an indigo server or is an older verionw of the indigo server Install or upgrade to latest version of indigo:

Posted on
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:29 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What does it show is the Indigo Server name (in the Indigo Touch settings panel)?

Now open Indigo's Event Log window and copy/paste its contents (after trying to connect from Indigo Touch).

Posted on
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:34 am
captcurrent offline

of interest

if i go to another server i have which has not been upgraded I can access BUT it is full of wrong information
on the x-10 side... It shows the interface as being disabled but when i access the machine the interface is working fine

Posted on
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:58 am
captcurrent offline

i can paste the contents but there is nothing to do with any attempted contact just the usual traffic from devices

Please see my earlier comment about having no problem with server and an earlier version if indigo

Posted on
Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:58 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try the following (modified version of above), and please provide as much information as possible about what you are seeing. The information you have provided thus far is limited and making troubleshooting difficult:

3) IMPORTANT: Shutdown all other Macs you have in the house (leave them off for this debugging).
4) Inside Indigo Touch, while in your home on local WiFi, press the settings button and then swipe-delete all servers listed in the table. Close the settings panel, then re-open it.
5) What does the settings panel show as the listed server? (the specific, verbose, name shown)
6) On your Indigo Mac what is the window title (database name)? (the specific, verbose, name shown)
7) Choose Indigo->About Indigo... menu item. What is shown for BOTH the Indigo server AND Indigo client version numbers?

Posted on
Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:37 pm
captcurrent offline

I didi as directed

restarted the cable modem and router
3) IMPORTANT: Shutdown all other Macs you have in the house (leave them off for this debugging).

turned off the one other mac
did that
5) What does the settings panel show as the listed server? (the specific, verbose, name shown)

i assume you mean the one that bonjour adds it adds strawberry
6) On your Indigo Mac what is the window title (database name)? (the specific, verbose, name shown)

strawberry.indiDb

7) Choose Indigo->About Indigo... menu item. What is shown for BOTH the Indigo server AND Indigo client version numbers?

both are a t version 6.1.4

But don;t worry .. the warrant just ran out on my Insteaon powerlinc modem and it died

so I have to once again acquire another

Posted on
Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:26 am
captcurrent offline

OK this is a bump I ts bbeen anumber of montsh and I have returned to thsui house and all is the same

Since then I have upgrade to IOS 9.32 Indigo on the mac is 6.1.8

IMy Indigo set up is as show below

I dleeye all the serves on the IPAD and the local one appears via bonjour

I truy accessing and I het the Indigo Server Not Founf The selected server is not an indigo server or is an older version of the indigo server

If I try to connect using IP its says connection to Indigo server failed

I can get the authentication screen on my other setup so it is something definate on this server
thoughts

Posted on
Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:55 am
captcurrent offline

OK i fixed that by totally removing Indigo and its entries from Application Support and Touch is wrking fine Since thise serveer has seen every version of indigo guess it was time to clean house

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:19 am
captcurrent offline

After doing the most recent upgrade. I had to do the same thing to regain touch connectivity

Page 1 of 1