[ANSWERED]Apple Watch Extension

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:47 pm
durosity offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Apple Watch Extension

howartp wrote:
I'm liking the idea of Siri Remote, though at present I don't even use BBC iPlayer, never mind Netflix or Roku.

An indigo tvOS app with notifications and PIP overlaying <current full-screen app> would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pretty much only use Netflix and my large personal iTunes library hosted on a drobo pro, but I'd love to see the iPlayer and Amazon video come to it!

And oh my yes Indigo support on the tvOS would make me so very happy. Well that plus my other many many many other wish list requests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

So, if you had to choose between Apple Watch and Apple TV for the next Indigo Touch client, which would it be?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:24 pm
howartp offline

Personally, I'll never choose to afford an Apple watch - much as I'd love to have one - whereas I can see me having an Apple TV.

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:56 pm
jalves offline

jay (support) wrote:
So, if you had to choose between Apple Watch and Apple TV for the next Indigo Touch client, which would it be?

Good question. I guess at this point I'd go with the Apple TV.

ETA: I own an Apple Watch, but I'm happy enough pulling out my iPhone when I need to interact with Indigo while away from home.
Last edited by jalves on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:14 pm
DVDDave offline

Apple Watch for me for sure. There are many ways to control Indigo while I'm in my living room but few good ways to control it when I'm out.

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:27 pm
manoncloud9 offline

Apple TV for me

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:59 pm
jrickmd offline

Watch

Rick

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:49 am
MarcoGT offline

Apple TV

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:30 am
autolog offline

Apple Watch as I don't have the TV on that much but do wear my watch all day :D

The new Apple TV is hardly groundbreaking, despite what Apple would try to have us believe :wink:

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:26 am
durosity offline

Apple TV.. Mostly as I'll be getting one of those before the Apple Watch 2 appears and I get one :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

autolog wrote:
The new Apple TV is hardly groundbreaking, despite what Apple would try to have us believe :wink:

I can't agree with you there, particularly for people that do consume a relatively good amount of streaming video content. Universal search, with the direct integration into the various content provider's apps, is huge. Sure, TiVo has something like it, but as is the case so often, Apple just does it better. Or I suspect will since the demo wasn't super complete.

More importantly, however, is what's possible now, as shown by the MLB demo. Sure, baseball isn't for everyone, but watching that demo should give you a real idea of what consuming content may really be like in the future. And once they've signed on even more content partners, it's going to fundamentally change the way people consume video content. While "groundbreaking" may be an exaggeration, it certainly is a big evolutionary step. But, of course, things that appear at the time to be just an evolutionary step can turn out, in hindsight, to be at the very least disruptive, if not revolutionary.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:15 am
autolog offline

Well I Guess we will have to agree to disagree :wink:

There appear to be mixed reviews on how a big a step this is e.g. New Apple TV First Impressions

I have multiple devices to access content on my TV: SageTV, Amazon FireTV, Roku 3 and Apple TV and of course the TV itself.

Being in the UK, I probably access BBC iPlayer the most in which I am spoilt for choice on which device to use to access it. I use Netflix and Amazon Prime Video - normally accessed through the Fire TV. I use SageTV for o.t.a recordings. I probably use Apple TV the least and then only to watch Netflix or streamed Apple keynote events.

The Apple TV is too much of a closed system and doesn't play friendly with your own content - I doubt I will rush out and buy one.

Even though I have access to all these devices, I don't spend my time glued to the TV so that is why I would prefer to have the Apple watch option which I use the whole time - just personal preference :)

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:28 am
howartp offline

I would love to have an Apple watch; I am one of the diminishing number who still wear a regular watch (versus not bothering cos the phone is in your pocket).

It's the relative cost that gets me - I'm fortunate that I can afford one should I choose to, but unless it has Indigo and possibly Sky+ on it, I wouldn't use 80% of its features. [I'm going to start a new thread on this particular topic]

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:02 am
durosity offline

See I'm the exact opposite of autolog, I'll be getting one as soon as I can. I get about 90% of my content through my existing two.. They're actually so worn out from use they crash :/

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:37 pm
keifer1 offline

Apple TV... 1ST

Computer Keith
Mt Pleasant SC - Charleston
Indi-Go -Go-Go

Page 4 of 11 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11