[ANSWERED]Apple Watch Extension

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:05 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Apple Watch Extension

@howartp Thanks, I have now changed that, but in the mean time you can dismiss the keyboard but anything that isn't a control in the screen still visible above the keyboard.

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:33 am
autolog offline

Here is a useful tip for those of us using the Home Remote app on an Apple Watch:

I have found that if you add new actions to Home Remote it can be some while before the update for the new actions is reflected on the watch.

This can be dangerous as there is now potentially a disconnect between the Apple Watch and the iPhone.
For example, if you have a series of actions set-up on Home Remote on the iPhone as follows:
  1. Action Alpha
  2. Action Beta
  3. Action Gamma
  4. Action Delta
and now you re-order them to be:
  1. Action Delta
  2. Action Alpha
  3. Action Beta
  4. Action Gamma
then typically this isn't immediately reflected on the Apple Watch.
Therefore, when you press Action Alpha on the Apple Watch it actually executes Action Delta.

To force an update on the Apple Watch in order to avoid this problem, you can try the following:
  1. Make sure the Home Remote app is displayed on your Apple Watch
  2. Press and hold the long side button on your Apple Watch until the power down menu appears.
  3. Press and hold the long side button on your Apple Watch again to force the Home Remote App to close
    - you will be returned to the app screen
  4. Re-launch Home Remote which will load the latest changes

Of course this may all change when Watch OS2 arrives tomorrow :)

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:36 am
autolog offline

Hi Gary,
howartp wrote:
... The primary suggestion I'd have is a Mac Config option - the interface for entering long URLs is a pain by its nature; if the OS X app you recently brought out could allow Config of Home Remote, it would be far quicker to create your setup.

+1 :)

Also allow the option to duplicate an existing action - it would make it quicker to just modify it with changes.

It's a great app - thanks for you efforts and support :D

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:25 am
DaveL17 offline

Has anyone been able to get actions to work in Home Remote using digest authentication?

I did some tests last night, but was unsuccessful. I didn't try any individual devices.

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:25 pm
autolog offline

durosity wrote:
Yeah. I've just tested it with the other half's 8.4 device as it works perfectly there regardless of local/3G, so it's got to be an iOS 9 thing. Ah the beauty of being on the bleeding edge.

Just updated my iPad mini 3 to iOS 9 and Home Remote is working fine :)

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:35 pm
durosity offline

autolog wrote:
durosity wrote:
Yeah. I've just tested it with the other half's 8.4 device as it works perfectly there regardless of local/3G, so it's got to be an iOS 9 thing. Ah the beauty of being on the bleeding edge.

Just updated my iPad mini 3 to iOS 9 and Home Remote is working fine :)

Very odd. I wish there was some kind of diagnostics log in home remote to see if it got any kind of error back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:55 pm
durosity offline

Nope, just installed the latest version (slightly higher build than the original GM) and no joy. Also installed on the wife's iPad which was previously working but having the exact same issue now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:23 am
kennybroh offline

I just saw Jay's question: Apple TV or Watch. For me it's Watch for sure. When I'm watching TV it is a very unusual situation for me not to have a phone, iPad, or computer handy, and if for some reason I really wanted to see an Indigo screen on my TV I can AirPlay my computer screen to the TV.

So it's Watch.

Posted on
Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:32 am
jalves offline

durosity wrote:
Nope, just installed the latest version (slightly higher build than the original GM) and no joy. Also installed on the wife's iPad which was previously working but having the exact same issue now.

Very strange. I've been using the public betas and the GM candidate without difficulty on an iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPad 2.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:10 am
durosity offline

Yeah, it's weird. I'm fairly sure it's something to do with my internal network but I cannot work out what it is. I've given up for now as I think if I carry on you'll find be curled up in the fetal position rocking back and forth.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:01 am
durosity offline

SUCCESS! 'Twas a proxy service on my server that was somehow blocking it. Not sure why.. But at least I now know what was causing me to go loopy.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:45 am
durosity offline

[ANSWERED]Apple Watch Extension

Gary_BBGames wrote:
I'm open to implementing any suggestions you might think are useful.

Now I've got it working* I have a minor feature request, the ability to launch apps from a button (eg via indigo://). I know there are plenty of launchers out there but it'd be very useful to add a couple for indigo to yours rather than having to use a separate widget.

*as in disabled the proxy. Still no further forward on how I can get it working together.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:05 pm
durosity offline

Hmm.. All was well, and then suddenly today I'm getting access denied errors. It works fine if it's in the format of http://username:pass@address... But not if using the POST name:pass option.. But it was fully working before with these options. I'm confusled again :(

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:52 am
kenjon offline

This is awesome! Great to have it working on the AppleWatch, and the Today screen of my iPhone.
A Copy option as mentioned above would be great, makes it faster to create more buttons/actions.

Posted on
Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:11 pm
petematheson offline

I've had a watch for a few weeks now. As long as you buy one with low expectations, you should be gold. My only expectation was that I didn't want to miss phone call / texts etc, but didn't want to take my phone off silent as it buzzes all day otherwise.

Indigo / Philips Hue integration has been great so far with Homebridge. I can tell Siri to turn or or off my lights. I can even tell it to set the 'bedtime' scene which switches lights off, and dims bedside lamps up to a warm colour.
If this could be extended to an indigo app that could do things across all devices that would be great - since The scenes are only Philips etc...

Page 7 of 11 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11