So when's the Indigo Watch app coming out then...?

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:23 pm
howartp offline

Re: So when's the Indigo Watch app coming out then...?

So, I arrive home, wave my watch at the ZWave door lock and it opens and disables the DSC alarm, turns on the lighting and sets Sonos playing quiet music after Airfoil has welcomed me home...?

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:56 pm
durosity offline

howartp wrote:
So, I arrive home, wave my watch at the ZWave door lock and it opens and disables the DSC alarm, turns on the lighting and sets Sonos playing quiet music after Airfoil has welcomed me home...?

And turns on your to and sky box ;)

I'm not sure if the NFC side of things is open to developers past the apple pay side of things actually.. Anyone know one way or another?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:08 pm
howartp offline

durosity wrote:
I'm not sure if the NFC side of things is open to developers past the apple pay side of things actually.. Anyone know one way or another?

iBeacons?

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:16 pm
durosity offline

Perhaps it's just part of the corelocation functionality? Nothing specific about nfc, the OS hadles that side of things for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:03 pm
FlyingDiver offline

jay (support) wrote:
And, while we're on the topic (sorta): anyone else disappointed that there is no iPhone 6 in the current form factor? I REALLY like the size of my iPhone 5. I don't want a bigger one. Unfortunately, if I want NFC and other new technologies (not to mention the faster CPU) I have to get a bigger phone (not to mention that they'll eventually be going away anyhow).

I guess I'm in the minority here, and perhaps once I get my hands on an iPhone 6 I'll change my mind, but I'm really disappointed nonetheless.

I was thinking the same thing, Jay. Guess I'll have to go with the 4.7" screen. I was also planning on getting a 32GB model, which doesn't exist. :(

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:17 pm
Chompy offline

And, while we're on the topic (sorta): anyone else disappointed that there is no iPhone 6 in the current form factor?And, while we're on the topic (sorta): anyone else disappointed that there is no iPhone 6 in the current form factor?

Definitely. I’m even more annoyed that only the 6 Plus has optical image stabilization. I’m going to give it a try, but I’m hanging on to my old phone should I find it to be too damn large.

Posted on
Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:24 pm
roussell offline

Chompy wrote:
And, while we're on the topic (sorta): anyone else disappointed that there is no iPhone 6 in the current form factor?And, while we're on the topic (sorta): anyone else disappointed that there is no iPhone 6 in the current form factor?

Definitely. I’m even more annoyed that only the 6 Plus has optical image stabilization. I’m going to give it a try, but I’m hanging on to my old phone should I find it to be too damn large.

I'm going tomorrow to look at a LG G3 since it seems to be comparable in size to the 6Plus to see if I can deal with the increase. I'll probably order some variant of the 6 tomorrow...maybe... Hopefully I'm not lured to the dark side by the G3 - it's hardware specs beat the iP6P by a healthy margin: http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-6-plus- ... e-4-lg-g3/

Terry

Posted on
Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:29 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I'm going tomorrow to look at a LG G3 since it seems to be comparable in size to the 6Plus to see if I can deal with the increase. I'll probably order some variant of the 6 tomorrow...maybe...

Terry, just to warn you, the bezel on the G3 is extremely thin,... so much so that although the screen size is the same, the G3 is nearly 1/2" shorter on the long dimension and slightly smaller on the short dimension. This makes a huge difference in usability and feel in the hand -- so just keep in mind that the iPhone 6 Plus will feel larger than what you feel with the G3. The iPhone will be a tad thinner, for better or worse.

I'm a little disappointed by Apple's offering this time around -- although I am an Android user for my personal phone, I deal with and use Apple devices at work all the time. I have no dislike for the iPhone just personally prefer Android; but Apple could have done better I believe..

Hopefully I'm not lured to the dark side by the G3 - it's hardware specs beat the iP6P by a healthy margin

The specs blow away the iPhone specs but, to be perfectly honest, phones are all pretty damn fast these days so it will come down to person preference, I doubt the G3's hardware is just so far and above the iPhone in normal use to really be that noticeable.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:34 am
pvrfan offline

roussell wrote:
Chompy wrote:
I'm going tomorrow to look at a LG G3 since it seems to be comparable in size to the 6Plus to see if I can deal with the increase. I'll probably order some variant of the 6 tomorrow...maybe... Hopefully I'm not lured to the dark side by the G3 - it's hardware specs beat the iP6P by a healthy margin: http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-6-plus- ... e-4-lg-g3/

Yeah, and a dump truck has a lot more horsepower than my car. I still know which one I want to drive to the store! ;)

Craig

Posted on
Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

pvrfan wrote:
Yeah, and a dump truck has a lot more horsepower than my car. I still know which one I want to drive to the store! ;)

Hah!

I'm gonna use that one...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:16 am
roussell offline

Sounds like you've never driven a dump truck!! People move out of your way and it's really fun parking beside expensive cars. :twisted:

That being said - I just pulled the trigger on a Space grey 6 Plus 128G on Verizon's network. Estimated delivery between October 12th-20th :D

Posted on
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:33 am
durosity offline

It does confuse me why apple decided to have a protruding camera rather than make the device slightly thicker and slap in a much larger space. Alas I'm still not going to be able to get either the 6 or the 6+ until January :(

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:51 am
haavarda offline

Maybe because most users use a bumper or case so the lens does not stick outside that anyway..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:27 am
durosity offline

Good point!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:46 am
roussell offline

I think they were just trying to make the phones thinner but couldn't shrink the camera anymore so it had to poke out. I wouldn't have cared if the phones were 1mm thicker if they would have used the space for more battery capacity! I'm done with thinner-is-better-because-it's-thinner. I did buy Apple Care with this one - more real estate = more opportunities for damage!