[SOLVED]Another 'The request timed out'

Posted on
Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:38 pm
xaruqui offline

[SOLVED]Another 'The request timed out'

Hi there,

I've been reading some of the topics around this issue, but none of them helped me. I can connect to the web server, but I can't from my Indigo Touch app after a fresh install of iOS 7.0.6. I tried:

-Restarting the server
-Restarting Indigo (v4)
-Restarting the computer
-Shutting the firewall down

By the way, bonjour discovery never worked for me, I've always had to enter server IP manually.

Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:07 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Another 'The request timed out'

If you have stealth mode enabled on your Indigo Server Mac, that could be the reason bonjour never worked - it's under Firewall Options when you have it enabled.

If, however, you're iOS device is on the same network as your Mac and it's still not connecting, then you have some kind of network issue that's interfering with correct operation. Odd routing configurations, DMZs, etc., can all cause issues. We've never had a report of any network communication issues when entering IP addresses and port number directly that weren't solved by making sure that the router wasn't doing something odd and by disabling the Mac firewall (and even with it active as long as it's configured correctly it always seems to work).

What Mac OS X version are you using?

Note: Indigo 4 is no longer supported but we'll try to help with this issue nonetheless.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:25 pm
xaruqui offline

Re: Another 'The request timed out'

Yes, you're damn right! I've just connected another AP to my network and everything is working smoothly. I'm going to take a deep look to my router.

About the support, actually I thought it was only about the developing/releases/fixes of Indigo 4, not about the support itself to license owners. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1