Been gone for a few weeks and nothing works-What's happened

Posted on
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:40 pm
mwarner offline

Been gone for a few weeks and nothing works-What's happened

I've been using Indigo Touch on my iPhone5 with the latest OS with no issues. My iMac was running the latest version of the indigo 6 beta. Tonight, nothing shows up for any of my devices on the Touch app. I opened up indigo on the iMac to discover the latest update. After a download and install of the latest v.6 on the iMac, nothing is working still on the Touch app. I can see that a Touch client is connected on the event log of my iMac, but I can see no devices on the Touch app. Where should I start, is something broken and waiting to be fixed with on the server side??

Mark

Posted on
Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Been gone for a few weeks and nothing works-What's happe

First, are there any errors in the event log? If so, post them.

For testing purposes, completely disable your firewall. Then, try each of the following and report any step which doesn't work as you'd expect:

1. In the Mac client, select a control page and click on the "Browser Preview" button to make sure that it shows correctly.
  2. In Indigo Touch, tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner (make sure it's on your local network, not running on cell data).
  3. Tap the "Edit" button and delete your connection.
  4. Tap "Done".
  5. Tap "Done".
  6. Tap the gear icon again.
  7. Tap your server - hopefully it will load all of your stuff.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:23 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(Jay beat me to replying to your question-- try his suggestion first, then read my reply)

Hi Mark,

In Indigo you can specify which device folders and which individual devices should be shown in the Indigo Touch (and browser) UI. For the folders you right+click (or control+click) on the folder name in the main window and choose "Enable Remote Display" if it shows (if it shows "Disable Remote Display" then don't select it -- it is already enabled). For the individual devices there is a Remote Display column in the main window with a checkbox. Make sure those are checked. You can also double-click on devices and there is a "Display in remote UI" checkbox which does the same thing.

If that isn't the problem (I'm not sure how all of the sudden those settings would become unchecked), then we'll need to troubleshoot it some more. I don't believe it is related to the firewall since you are seeing the device folder names in Indigo Touch. I also don't believe it is related to reflectors -- no one else is reporting any problems. You can test the latter yourself by trying this URL on your Mac running Indigo:

http://127.0.0.1:8176/controlpage?name= ... _&asList=1

Does that show a different behavior than when connecting via your reflector on a remote Mac?

Posted on
Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:34 am
mwarner offline

Thank guys, it turns out the "display in remote UI" boxes were all unchecked. Not sure how that happened, but it may have been when my wife returned from a trip and turned off all of my vacation lighting settings.

Best,
Mark

Page 1 of 1